Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
My bad. I guess they didn't want to get beaten by the MTV movie awards handed a note which are "pivoting away from a live event that still enables us to produce a memorable night" because Drew Barrymore is showing solidarity with the WGA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I still love this show and Bob is fine as he is and I like how he talks. I haven't seen the first seasons in years though.

Also I think the kids tell 3 different versions of a story are usually fun and funny, I think there was one where I wasn't crazy about it but I couldn't say which

Only gripe I agree with from the last few pages is they should use the supporting cast more than they do

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The teddy anthology is the only that one I actually hated

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I didn't care for the Teddy one so much, or the "Convince Gene to hate food because he has food poisoning" one.

There were some funny jokes (The Bread-a-tor) but the premise was just kinda dumb.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Let's try this again:

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

21: Mother Author Laser Pointer
Linda almost accidentally kidnaps a children's book author; the kids help Mr. Frond try to get his cat out of a tree in front of the school.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, Linda is super unlikable in this episode. Usually you can kind of see where she's coming from.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This show has the best cat names. I wanna name a cat Dr. Bojangles.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Linda’s so off putting when she starts acting like Gene

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this! posted:

Man, Linda is super unlikable in this episode. Usually you can kind of see where she's coming from.

Yeah, this was a rare episode I really didn't like.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I wasn't a fan either. The catharsis in her realizing why she was being so weird about this thing didn't feel earned or poignant enough to justify one of our heroes holding a woman hostage.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
22: Amelia
Louise takes a class assignment -- and a few unhelpful comments by Wayne -- very personally; Bob hires a masseur-in-training to give Linda a massage for Mother's Day.

This is the season finale, but there are 17 future episodes with titles per Wikipedia. No clue how that will factor into a "strike -proof" Fox season next year.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That Linda episode loving sucked.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Whoa, cold open, I am shook.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sometimes this show still hits it out of the park.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

That was an amazing episode and so well done.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Amazing episode

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m glad Bouchard is getting more active in the show again, the two episodes he was directly credited in this season have been pretty good

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
That was an incredible episode.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Great episode, I especially like the end credits. Louis and Linda are in her room, the background has some detail but isn't colored in, it helps focus on this bonding moment between mother and daughter, and this could be a memory that Louis has for the rest of her life.

I was thinking the earlier episode with the $100 gift card could have possibly been a mother's day episode, but this one did a great job.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The two stand out episodes from S13 are the two written by Loren, incredibly sweet impactful episodes - Plight before Christmas and Amelia

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that was a fantastic episode. Both were. I hope he continues to write a few every season because it was really refreshing to see the show do something a little different.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe he can overcome the challenge and write a good Gene and Linda episode

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

hatty posted:

Maybe he can overcome the challenge and write a good Gene and Linda episode

Impossible.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I liked the Gene episodes with the drum machine and Furbo. He's not my favorite character but he's fine too good most of the time.

Linda's birthday episode is good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Gene is a good character. Except for the way he's written. Same goes for Linda.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Two Butted Goat Gene is the best Gene.

edit: Also I saw on Reddit the Bob's Burgers Pride Collection is out and man I really want a Little King Trashmouth and His Husband Gary shirt:

https://www.toddland.com/collections/pride-x-bobs-burgers

swickles fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 25, 2023

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Agreed that the Linda episode was bad and Amelia was great but even funnier than either is someone itt thinking the youngest daughter is named Louis

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Those sassy Belcher boys--Jeans, Louis, and Tiny--are at it again.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

'Ayyyy, I'm thrashin' here!'

-Tony Belcher, age 13

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'll keep harping on about this until the day they right this wrong, but at this point the "Gene is a girl" jokes have gone from a few times a season to basically every episode and god dammit, let the kid transition or stop joking about it.

And yeah, he's a great character, but the Gene-centric episodes aren't for me.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I... have not caught on to that at all. To me, Gene is just vulgar and delights in saying intentionally awkward things, and the majority of his offhand comments are not meant to be taken literally.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If you ever do a re-watch with it in mind, I think you'll see what I mean.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzmoYa_oR-w

There is an even longer one, but figured this would do.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Thank you.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://twitter.com/cFidd/status/1666518245392654340?s=20

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Zoom.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I mean Pesto was an unlikable jerk so, do you really need to fire him?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Trev has some great ideas for new menu items and a little light remodeling.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

TheFattestPat posted:

I mean Pesto was an unlikable jerk so, do you really need to fire him?

Do you want the actor to keep making money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

I'll keep harping on about this until the day they right this wrong, but at this point the "Gene is a girl" jokes have gone from a few times a season to basically every episode and god dammit, let the kid transition or stop joking about it.

And yeah, he's a great character, but the Gene-centric episodes aren't for me.

I've just always read it as Gene being a femmy gay theater kid. Maybe that's me having too hard a time divorcing Mirman from Merman.