Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That first time braking on new pads/rotors is scary because they just do not stop well. A few times I've done other stuff on the car as well as the brakes and then forgot as I press the pedal and the brakes just fail to grip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ferremit posted:

Do you guys just get lovely arse pads or something everywhere else in the world? The Bendix stuff I buy and fit here in Aus has some "Blue Titanium stripe' that they coat across the pad surface that basically is like throwing an anchor out the back when you do the initial stop and that does the bulk of the stopping work as the pads fully bed in.

https://www.bendix.com.au/bendix-news/media-release-bendix-blue-titanium-stripe

Ask Brembo why their pads are poo poo before you've hauled up a few times I guess?! Those Bendix pads look decent, looks like they do them for bikes over here (without the magic blue bit) but not cars unfortunately.