Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heyou
Dec 30, 2004
Mr. Green....Gesundheit.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I don't have as much time as I would have liked today cause it's getting darker faster:

7. I compare the tie rods, and the tie rod comes with a locking washer but I have no place to put the washer, it doesn't fit in anything so I leave it out.

Are you talking about the washer between where the inner tie rod threads onto the rack? I can see the washer at the top of the image on the new tie rod,l. This part is covered by the rack boot when fully installed. Alot of aftermarket inner tie rods include this washer to prevent the inner tie rod from coming loose. You're meant to bend the edges of the washer over the end of the tie rod, where the flats you put your wrench on to tighten the inner to the rack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU