Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

but then its like this guys a total wanker and that scene where he has sex with his ex girlfriend at her dads funeral its like why am i watching this poo poo

the lead character is self obsessed jerk and snob about everything and thinks hes the star of his own personal movie and that all of his exes somehow owe him meaning like gently caress off dude.

i really think they should remake it but instead of collecting records he collects manga (japanimation comics)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

the only scene that saves the movie is where is listening to a new record on his big record store speakers and grabs the record and makes a record scratch noise and he looks at the screen and goes "you call THAT high fidelity?!"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

UGGHHHHHHHHH

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

OP, it sounds like you think the main character being a bad person makes the movie bad.

Are you sure that's true? You can have a good story about a bad person. Someone can be both a bad person and a good character. The main character's journey can be compelling and worth watching, even if the protagonist is flawed. Sometimes that's the whole point and the flaws are the reason there's a conflict and a story (the character is the real cause of their own problems).

I don't know if that's true here, though. I haven't seen this movie. Wasn't really my thing.

K

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The beta cuck band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

John Cusack is actually fine and probably good i just dislike his character in this film.