Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

its that or some flavor of linux, and you are just signing up for a different set of problems. also dx and stuff.

i guess the other option is macos, which is squarely for people who cant use computers and could basically function equally well on a phone or tablet.

anyway, raptor lake looks lovely.
macos is a linux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I stopped paying attention to intel- did they finally get to an actual 10nm node they can get any yields from? is the core actually not a rehashed skylake now?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

akadajet posted:

I thought apple did the good and weenie core thing and people love that poo poo
Arm is better at it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Radeon drivers have improved to the degree where issues are mostly edge cases instead of "This new game literally does not work until AMD issues an update, which then breaks 2 other games", but they're still not great. Leagues ahead of what they were in the early 2000s though

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
What's funny is that amd will probably respond with 3d cache versions of the 7000 series and immediately leapfrog Intel again

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The new Ryzen stuff is basically designed to boost until it hits 90C and stays there, and yet it still uses less power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

that's been true for everything for well over a decade though, run as hard as possible until you hit just short of where the hardware starts to melt, then back off only as needed.

only weirdo nerds on the internet ever tried to cool stuff below its designed temperature limit.
I don't think the previous Ryzen gens were straight up designed to run at 90C continuously even with water cooling.