Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Im going to probably build a new compy w/ a 13th gen and a 4080 or 4090

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i thought it was a bsd

same thing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah i hope i have the power capacity in my office

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the 12th and 13th gen intel chips have P cores and E cores. P cores are like normal cores and E cores are smaller, lower power cores. Windows 11 has CPU scheduling to take advantage of the low power cores and they didnt port it to windows 10 in order to force people to upgrade to windows 11.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
from what little is out there it seems like the intel arc GPUs are ok at dx12 but total dogshit at dx9. kind of a wierd way to go, but if they're cheap maybe its competitive for low end rigs

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
some of the most popular games in the world (ex csgo) are still dx9. mostly because dx9 runs fine on a huge variety of old GPUs.

intel will probably do driver hacks to fix it for the most popular games, but their drivers are notoriously bad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEvdrbxTtVo

Sounds like maybe theres something to the hardware that makes pursuing the design worthwhile, but the software is too bad for it to be viable

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i bet they get dumped into prebuilt systems and new egg bundles

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i think intel igpus were both never really considered for gaming so drivers didnt really matter plus they didnt have alot of the features that these new arc gpus have so they didnt need software for poo poo like the AI scaling or ray tracing or video capture or whatever features are now common in gpus.

Plus if they're doing some kind of translation like dx11 to dx12 inside their drivers maybe some games just dont translate well and thats where some of the really bad performers come from. idk.

AMD drivers were poo poo forever for both discrete and integrated GPUs. might still be poo poo idk i dont buy AMD. i imagine if their drivers work now for their dGPUs they probably work for their iGPUs.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Gentle Autist posted:

my radeon works fine

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

yowza