Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I think I used my very first Master Ball in an attempt to capture my rival's Venusaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I never understood this tip. You go back to the first town and throw it at a basic rodent. It's traditional.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

FoolyCharged posted:

Hey, it has gen 1 hyper beam, what more can you ask of it? A stab move worth anything?

In the mobile game Pokemon Masters, it gets a Rock-type Hyper Beam!

This guide must be for Yellow, because I specifically remember there being no wild Tentacruel in RB and being annoyed at having to level a Tentacool for my 'dex.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

There are two and only two ways to properly use the Master Ball.

1.) Never ever use it since it's your first time playing the game and you keep thinking there's an even rarer pokemon down the line, so you save it forever.
2.) Use the MissingNo glitch to get an endless supply and Master Ball every single wild pokemon for the remainder of the game.

FlamingRok
Jan 14, 2013

The ultimate power is clearly roses.
I mean if we were to talk specifically competitive, Tentacruel is far from your worst pick! The undisputed best in UU with an incredible special and good Speed is nothing to scoff at. Though I suppose considering the other legendary options then sure, and yeah Tentacruel/cool isn't very hard to catch by itself.

Fearow is questionable obviously due to being available at Route 23 aka...the beginning of the game, but it'd be better than Pidgeot (whom is never wild in Kanto), which is disappointing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Listen, i only post while drubk ad poo poo lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

mandatory lesbian posted:

Listen, i only post while drubk ad poo poo lol
You’re a mean drunk.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

MagusofStars posted:

There are two and only two ways to properly use the Master Ball.

1.) Never ever use it since it's your first time playing the game and you keep thinking there's an even rarer pokemon down the line, so you save it forever.
2.) Use the MissingNo glitch to get an endless supply and Master Ball every single wild pokemon for the remainder of the game.

3.) Zapdos.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quackles posted:

3.) Zapdos.

God, Twitch Plays Pokemon was eight years ago.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm not old, I'm not old!

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018

FlamingRok posted:

Fearow is questionable obviously due to being available at Route 23 aka...the beginning of the game, but it'd be better than Pidgeot (whom is never wild in Kanto), which is disappointing.

Pidgeot's dogshit-ness in RBY is so funny to me because it clearly took it very personally and decided to make Fearow unusably bad forever afterwards. Did you know that loving thing didn't get Brave Bird until it became a TR in Gen 8? I think Game Freak just forgot about Fearow. Fuckin' Crobat learns Brave Bird.

This is getting way off-topic though.

girl dick energy posted:

God, Twitch Plays Pokemon was eight years ago.

Twitch Plays Pokemon is older now than either Twitch or Justin.tv were when TPP was happening.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON

FoolyCharged posted:

I'm not old, I'm not old!

I wanna say I am not but then I found out that the raccoon in the fight at McDonald's in my city happened 8 years ago

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!

Faillen Angel posted:

Pidgeot's dogshit-ness in RBY is so funny to me because it clearly took it very personally and decided to make Fearow unusably bad forever afterwards. Did you know that loving thing didn't get Brave Bird until it became a TR in Gen 8? I think Game Freak just forgot about Fearow. Fuckin' Crobat learns Brave Bird.

Fearow still doesn't have Brave Bird, as far as I can tell? It's not in SwSh, which is where the TR for Brave Bird is.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

bunnyofdoom posted:

I wanna say I am not but then I found out that the raccoon in the fight at McDonald's in my city happened 8 years ago
There was a Pokemon battle at your McDonald's? :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

You’re a mean drunk.

Apologies, youre tier list is perfrct

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The only decent gen 1 normal/flying is dodrio, who's a ok glass cannon. The others are pretty crap. I used pidgeot as a child

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Would have been nice if they weren't all Normal/Flying.

Faillen Angel
Aug 30, 2018

LiefKatano posted:

Fearow still doesn't have Brave Bird, as far as I can tell? It's not in SwSh, which is where the TR for Brave Bird is.

Wait, right, I was thinking of HOME updating TR/TM lists for every family internally, before they were added to SwSh. I think those were mostly accurate, though, so it's a safe assumption that it would get the Brave Bird TR, were it in SwSh.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cool LP, I haven't played a pokemon game since I think crystal.

I had to look up what STAB meant...

edit: what are NeverUsed and UnderUsed??

oh they came in a post beyond the glossary post :v:

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 12, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'll add STAB to the glossary, though!

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I read through the Multi-Track LP and took what I learned to break Blue over my knee. I love playing Pokémon romhacks so I’m really looking forward to the rest of this!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
If anyone is interested in Gen1 Pokemon exploits and looking under the hood, I like the videos by JRose11. https://www.youtube.com/c/Jrose11

Basically what he does is take a single gen1 pokemon and run them start to finish through the elite 4 + champ/rival. It's interesting to see how all the mechanics of slow/med/quick growth speeds were all already there way back in G1. It's also interesting how he can manage to take a freakng Abra all the way through the game. Or as a gimmick run he took a team of just level 5 pokemon through the elite 4. Some neat single player mechanics and exploits on display here.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

CzarChasm posted:

If anyone is interested in Gen1 Pokemon exploits and looking under the hood, I like the videos by JRose11. https://www.youtube.com/c/Jrose11

Basically what he does is take a single gen1 pokemon and run them start to finish through the elite 4 + champ/rival. It's interesting to see how all the mechanics of slow/med/quick growth speeds were all already there way back in G1. It's also interesting how he can manage to take a freakng Abra all the way through the game. Or as a gimmick run he took a team of just level 5 pokemon through the elite 4. Some neat single player mechanics and exploits on display here.

Thank you for sending me down this rabbit hole. These are excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Jrose is pretty fun. His main thing is unevolved pokemon bit every once in a while he'll let loose with a gengar or something. And sometimes the unevolved pokemon that have evolved stats, like Tauros and Chansey, get a video.