Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Ok, so conventional take on David Shaw at Stanford is he can coach there for as long as he likes, because he’s done enough in the past and he’s such a good fit for the school. But he’s had a few rotten years now (Covid year doesn’t count, so 2019: 4-8, 2021: 3-9) and there’s no guarantee that they even get one conference win this season with Smith out. The rest of the North looks really good, they miss Colorado this year, so outside of a home game w/ ASU in 3 weeks, I don’t see any obvious wins. The remaining non-conference games are BYU and Notre Dame, so not much relief there. Historically, Buddy Teevans 3 seasons as head coach (where he went 10-23) May end up better than Shaw’s last 3 full seasons with how this appears to be headed. Is his seat really secure enough that he can survive a 2-10 or 1-11 season at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This was supposed to be a year where Houston would content for a NY6 bowl; instead they’re 2-3 (and probably fortunate they won those two) and have players fighting on the sideline. With them heading to the Big 12 next year; Holgo has got to be running out of time right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
so uhhhh can we just fire Hoke now.

This is legitimately the worst offense I've ever seen

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

so uhhhh can we just fire Hoke now.

This is legitimately the worst offense I've ever seen

whoa it's a post from 2013

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I seriously thought, "Didn't they already fire him?"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOr11aJkZIk

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Rush this man to the nearest Toastmasters.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Paul Chryst should be fired right now. He should be fired before this post is even finished. I know he won't be, he'll be here for years and years to come but he shouldn't be.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I seriously thought, "Didn't they already fire him?"

He was coach of the year last season lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Losing at home to a pretty questionable LSU team has to put Harsin on very thin ice.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Wins and losses don’t really even factor into Harsi’s fate; he was never the guy for the powers that be at Auburn; he was doomed from day 1 and was ultra-doomed the day they ran off the AD

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

General Dog posted:

Wins and losses don’t really even factor into Harsi’s fate; he was never the guy for the powers that be at Auburn; he was doomed from day 1 and was ultra-doomed the day they ran off the AD

He’s always been on a ticking clock but winning extends his time. Losing an embarrassing game at home to a bad team definitely shortens it.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Eddie George is 0-4 at TSU, not sure how long he gets there :ohdear:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Losing at home to a pretty questionable LSU team has to put Harsin on very thin ice.

He would have had to win the national championship to survive this year, and I am not sure if even that would have been enough tbh

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Aw, that blows.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

It's only his second season on a five year deal. What are the expectations like there? And knowing how underfunded HBCUs usually are, what are the chances they eat a buyout.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

General Dog posted:

Was this the same crew that ran off Malzhan? Or is this the crew that ran off the crew that ran off Malzhan?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's only his second season on a five year deal. What are the expectations like there? And knowing how underfunded HBCUs usually are, what are the chances they eat a buyout.

I don’t think there’s any rumblings, I was just commenting that they aren’t looking hot, Eddie can always go back to Broadway

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1576651921212862464?t=5gAcY8ozSDBj3omkG53RRg&s=19

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Tad SG posted:

I can't imagine a scenario where Karl Dorrell survives the season as Colorado's head coach.

I mean, I thought he'd survive the week...

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
is colorado the best job available now?

i mean i know the cupboard is bare but its a great location, low expectations, should be decently easy to recruit, and its the big 12

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i mean i know the cupboard is bare but its a great location, low expectations, should be decently easy to recruit, and its the big 12

You will find that it is not, in fact, the big 12 but the pac 12 isnt gonna be so terrifying soon anyway

I think Colorado has a lot of potential, though, yeah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I've got some bad news for you on that last point

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Karl Dorrell might’ve been the least inspiring coaching hire I’ve seen in awhile. I hope CU can pull someone in that will stick around and make them interesting.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Colorado has been a laughingstock for almost 20 years at this point. The Pac-12 move was supposed to help but they've gotten worse, not better.

I don't see any quick fix for that program.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm guessing the Board will eventually mistake correlation for causation and tell the next coach to re-open the rape factory they had when they were good.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
We'll always have 2001 Nebraska-Colorado.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

We'll always have 2001 Nebraska-Colorado.

I watched that game live and Colorado swiftly and thoroughly destroyed Nebraska’s mystique forever.

Just cast it in the fires of Mt Doom.

I know a lot of y’all are my age but if y’all weren’t watching in the 90s, it’s impossible to overstate what a meat grinder their triple was under Tommie Frazier and even Scott Frost. Just murderous.

And it all evaporated that afternoon at the hands of Gary Barnett, Chris Brown, and Bobby Purify.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MichaelWBratton/status/1576641242326192130?s=20&t=_NOt8UlbM00J1DpGKqP74Q

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

God I hope this happens. They won’t get anyone better and will blow up their incoming recruiting classes.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

God I hope this happens. They won’t get anyone better and will blow up their incoming recruiting classes.

This would be incredible for many reasons. Mainly that TAMU thinks they can buy themselves a title despite never winning loving anything ever.

Lots of high quality NIL transfers for Bama and LSU to soak up.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't think Dorrell had a chance. When Arizona came out almost-mediocre instead of historically terrible there went the only win on the schedule, which was one of the toughest in the country for some reason; I get these schedules are made a decade in advance but you have to be realistic about your program and have a cupcake every year if you're a historically mediocre to bad team, if it changes in the future react then. AD made a bad hire and he's been there since 2013 so he made the schedule. He's probably the dude that needs to actually go.

Tad SG posted:

Ok, so conventional take on David Shaw at Stanford is he can coach there for as long as he likes, because he’s done enough in the past and he’s such a good fit for the school. But he’s had a few rotten years now (Covid year doesn’t count, so 2019: 4-8, 2021: 3-9) and there’s no guarantee that they even get one conference win this season with Smith out. The rest of the North looks really good, they miss Colorado this year, so outside of a home game w/ ASU in 3 weeks, I don’t see any obvious wins. The remaining non-conference games are BYU and Notre Dame, so not much relief there. Historically, Buddy Teevans 3 seasons as head coach (where he went 10-23) May end up better than Shaw’s last 3 full seasons with how this appears to be headed. Is his seat really secure enough that he can survive a 2-10 or 1-11 season at this point?

I agree that Shaw should probably be on the hot seat although probably isn't.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

LeeMajors posted:

This would be incredible for many reasons. Mainly that TAMU thinks they can buy themselves a title despite never winning loving anything ever.

Lots of high quality NIL transfers for Bama and LSU to soak up.

open the checkbook Haslam!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Tom Herman could do well at Colorado - could use his connections to recruit Texas well, like Whittingham has at Utah, and even more so if they move back to the Big 12

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If Aggie pays 86 million to fire a football coach, lol

Though it's year 5 of Jimbo, things really should be better

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who the gently caress greenlit that contract offer anyway

How do you not at least have an emergency eject button if the coach isn't delivering as promised 5 years later

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

You'd think "not winning 10 games a year in 3 out of 5 seasons" would the sort of metric you'd build right into your offer when you hire a new coach, so that you could fire them in year six if they're not cutting it, but I'm not some sort of hiring genius or anything.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/RJ_Writes/status/1576701183770722306

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Benne posted:

Who the gently caress greenlit that contract offer anyway

How do you not at least have an emergency eject button if the coach isn't delivering as promised 5 years later

Scott Woodward, the same guy who went to LSU and gave Brian Kelly the same deal.

To be fair he was basically brought in to both places to do the boosters bidding and make a big name hire and he did in both cases. If the people with the money didn’t like the contracts they wouldn’t have happened, so you have to assume that the big boosters knew that buying it out was always a possibility and signed off.