Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.
OK, this is actually kinda fun.

1973 Dodge Dart Swinger: Still have it. Just bought it, I've got a thread going (that I'm gonna update soon).

1975 Dodge Dart Swinger: My first car, I think I paid $550 for it around 2004. Only had it for a few months, though. I honestly didn't have the money or knowledge to take care of it, so when it broke down the condo association had it towed and I never saw it again.

1994 Buick Century: My "real" first car. My older brother had a white Olds Cutlass of the same generation he called "White Lightning", so mine became "Blue Thunder". I got run off the road by a lady whose insurance company declared it "totaled" and cut me a check for like $1500. It still worked fine, though, so I spent the money and kept driving it. I actually can't remember at all why I got rid of it.

1996 Saab 900: 3-door in burgundy. This was the first time I understood the phrase "fun to drive". I bombed that little thing everywhere. It had electrical problems though, and I had to pull the fuse for the power seats because they would move on their own during driving. The one time my girlfriend (now wife) had to drive it, she stuck a Harry Potter or two behind her back so she could reach the pedals.

2006 Chevy Impala: Dark silver. Somebody smashed my driver's side mirror when it was parked on the street and I could only get new mirrors in black (never even though of a junk yard back then) so it had a two-tone thing going. My wife called it my "grandpa car" but I liked it. In 2013 I was on my way to my own wedding, I went to pull away from a stop sign and it just shut down. I don't remember what was wrong with it, but it was something expensive so I just got rid of it.

2010 Honda CR-V: Luckily, my In Laws were looking to sell their CR-V. So after the wedding they handed me the keys and I cut them a check. It had a six-disc changer built-in, but there wasn't anything else memorable about it. The AC compressor exploded and ruined the whole system, so I drove it until the next summer and then traded it in for...

2019 Honda CR-V: Still have it, actually my first new car I guess. Other than that, nothing interesting. The Hondas have been reliable and handy, but this walk down memory lane makes me miss driving something more interesting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU