Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

My list is very short:
1992-1993? Mazda Protege
2001 Ford Taurus
2010 Nissan Versa
Only ever lived in the rust belt (though have visited all over USA) and that probably won't change for the future.

I'm probably due for a "new" car soon

My dad has gone through more cars, at least around 10 cars that I know of and he's 60 something, I'm early 30s

I loved that 1993 Mazda protege and if I had one I would make it work. It was an automatic but god drat I loved that car. I hate cars that are all aerodynamic and round. My dad bought it for $2000 in 2005, and I used it for a while until he sold it for $500 because it needed like $2000 worth of work to bring it up to snuff, and someone else tried flipping it for $2000 which I thought was hilarious. It was such a speedy car with great handling and I'd be a stupid loving teenager and race my friends on the backroads.

But it's so nostalgic, I wish I had one :unsmith:

I loving hated that ford taurus, it was such a loving boat and it constantly had problems, and the MPG was garbage, maybe 14mpg. Eventually the alternator died and I just gave up on it and gave it back to Dad, I didn't need the car anyways.

Then I got the versa and I liked this car again. I'm looking up the stats and apparently the Protege and the Versa have extremely similar dimensions and raw stats, so that's probably why I like it. It turns tight, it feels snappy, it's small, I don't like driving cars that feel like a boat, same reason why I don't like any trucks on the road right now except for the 1990s size pickup trucks. I'm even considering the value of buying one of those "Kei" trucks.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

1997 Mazda Protege.

gently caress yeah dude! :hfive: