Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm including my wife's cars in this too because we're old and we've been together for loving ever and I drove/turned a wrench on every single one of them. Hell, only the Toyota, first Opel, and Nissan were ones that I was never on the title for.

Still-owned in bold, roughly in order of acquisition.

1970 GMC C10
1986 Toyota truck, 4WD - traded for the 280ZX, in hindsight a terrible deal
1973 Opel GT - was fun but rougher than we had the ability to deal with at the time, got the money out of it that went into it
1979 Nissan 280ZX - looked nice, slow as dirt, L-jet still gives me nightmares. "Sold" to my brother who fixed it up a little, he sold it on a few years later.
1988 Volvo 240DL - wife absolutely hated it, slower than dirt, LH-jet still gives me nightmares. Sold for near-scrap value, looks like it got junked circa 2016, probably for perpetual emissions failures.
1999 Mazda Miata - been long enough that I miss it now, sold it to my mother-in-law (now estranged), I think she still has it rotting in her driveway.
1998 Ford Ranger - the only vehicle I've ever sold for more than I bought it for, was dirt cheap to run to boot. Sold to a kid who put another 30k miles on it and then it got totaled in a fenderbender. Probably still driving around in Mexico.
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - I miss the idea of this car but I do not miss this car, especially working on it.
2013 Honda CR-V - only vehicle we've ever bought brand new. Put 170k miles on it with only one non-maintenance failure. If I'd been able to see a year into the future, I would've kept it instead of selling it after we got the Canyon.
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee - all around a better vehicle than most people give it credit for, especially since I managed to find an absolutely mint condition one to start with. But going to 33" tires was going to need more work than I felt like putting on a minivan-Jeep with possible head gasket issues, and would've crossed the line from "I can sell this easily" to "I can only sell this to another pervert who wants a heavily modded WJ". Sold it after buying the beater-grade Wrangler.
2018 GMC Canyon
2002 Jeep Wrangler
1972 Opel GT

I haven't driven the C10 in years and I haven't driven the current Opel... ever. I'm making a fresh push on project poo poo this winter.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Neo_Crimson posted:

[*] 2012 Mazdaspeed 3: My first manual and the only vehicle I regret selling, amazing car that's a hoot to drive and immensely usable. Kept it totally stock and sold it after 5 years and 40k mile.
[*] 2019 Honda Civic Type-R: My dream car and the reason I'm into cars in the first place. Incredible car that lives up to all the hype. Basically all around better car than the Mazdaspeed 3 except maybe in sheer rawness. Hope to drive it into the ground.
[/list]

Having owned an '07 MS3 and driven a CTR... the CTR is the car the MS3 wishes it could be. There certainly is a weird form of "fun" when you mat it in a MS3 and the torque steer sends you hunting for the nearest ditch or tree. But the CTR is faster when you are flogging it, and immensely nicer to live with the other 99% of the time.