Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

liquidypoo posted:

You're thinking of RE5! She's always been a brunette up until, uh, things happen to her between games and she's suddenly blonde in 5.

Bad break-up? Girl, bangs are easier to fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 27, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I could definitely see wanting some more open Mr. X-style shenanigans sprinkled through this game. A different issue I wonder about, though, Nemesis gets so much bigger and more mobile through the game. That works fine for the more scripted stuff, but I wonder how much you'd have to fiddle with things so he'd not be constantly dominating an open section.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is Nemesis getting less screen time for each appearance? Even when he gets a new form in the old game, they would have you fight him and not run away in a straight line until he loses interest. There were multiple ways of fighting him.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is Nemesis getting less screen time for each appearance? Even when he gets a new form in the old game, they would have you fight him and not run away in a straight line until he loses interest. There were multiple ways of fighting him.

Yes.

In the original RE3, due to how Raccoon City was laid out and the series of backtracks you had to do, Jill Encountered Nemesis no less than eight times before the endgame, as well as a fair few other boss-like critters throughout.

In all instances, you could fight or run, and fighting typically resulted in interesting rewards.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Scalding Coffee posted:

Another reason why this remake is divisive, Nemesis turning into a big hulking monster might look cool but it completely removes the aspect people liked about him, he only shows up in cutscenes and designated boss arenas now.

Also, NEST 2 had the better name of the Dead Factory in Classic RE3.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Speaking of pursuers, the previous nemesis fight with it charging around that courtyard and taking big swipes at you that you had to dodge-roll through did feel very dark soulsy.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And that's it for the campaign! We'll have one more bonus video going up on Monday to close out this LP! More or less in time for the RE8 DLC, too! :v:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If Carlos was able to turn on the dip, why couldn't he stop the zombies from getting in?
Also, what happened to the second helicopter in the background at the last scene?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well, that game flew by. I think my first playthrough was 5 hours, which seemed pretty short. But then, my first RE8 run was 6 hours but I didn't feel shortchanged, probably because I instantly played through it again and have done so multiple times since, which I haven't done so much with this one. I agree with the consensus, this one's fun but just kinda lacking overall after the 2 remake. Anyway, thanks you all for putting in the time, and I'll be curious to see the final video.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Honestly, the tradition of Resident Evil final bosses being taken down by giant, completely absurd guns never gets old

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

Also, what happened to the second helicopter in the background at the last scene?

So I recorded the PS5 version to completion basically as soon as the game dropped, which meant that some issues may have been caught on my recordings, such as the helicopter disappearing. Like a month ago, there was an update that fixed that. :v:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh no, you left CJacobs behind! :ohdear:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Shei-kun posted:

Oh no, you left CJacobs behind! :ohdear:

I hope he'll return as a moldy monster in RE Village dlc.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

So Nikolai was a good guy all along?!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Was RE2 this short? It had the two protags, but I feel like each path was longer than RE3

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Was RE2 this short? It had the two protags, but I feel like each path was longer than RE3

RE2 is "short" but it has puzzles and you are supposed to get a bit lost and try to figure out what to do next so in practice an average playthrough will take longer.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you go back and check our RE2R LP, both routes ended up taking 10 episodes each, though I think some of the episodes I cut for RE3R could have been split a little better, so I think the length feels comparable to one route in RE2R. There’s not really any remixes to the campaign though, as opposed to 2 giving you four routes to play and the actual route in 3 is way more linear than 2’s, so its easier to feel like you’re just blasting through.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

So Nikolai was a good guy all along?!

Not really, he never names his employers and Wesker was also working to bring down Umbrella at this stage, so.

Code Veronica goes into this a bit more.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And that's it! Thanks for following along for the ride! I can't believe I somehow timed this LP to start on the day the game's plot does and finished on Halloween, haha!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Boy, Inferno just feels unfair. I mean, you can run away eventually, right? Before the rooftop fight?

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Yeah, that difficulty looks bonkers!

Thanks a bunch for the LP, I really enjoyed it!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Most of the items OG Nemesis dropped was weapon parts for two guns you had to combine and a first aid box. I believe you also had to beat Nemesis in succession to be able to make those weapons or you missed out and wasted a ton of ammo on him. He never got easier.

Another reason why Nikolai was killing everyone is because he was part of a super secret policing unit inside Umbrella called "Monitors", who collected battle data for extra money and killed his fellows to steal their data. Tyrell was also one of them.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 1, 2022

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

Boy, Inferno just feels unfair. I mean, you can run away eventually, right? Before the rooftop fight?

Inferno also has remixed enemies, those Pale Heads from the end of the game? You'll be seeing them a lot earlier.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Another reason why Nikolai was killing everyone is because he was part of a super secret policing unit inside Umbrella called "Monitors", who collected battle data for extra money and killed his fellows to steal their data. Tyrell was also one of them.

Was this revealed in OG RE3, or was this some novel/EU tie in thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

That's EU detail. In OG RE3, Nikolai was taking out everyone to tie up loose ends (because Umbrella is comically evil). The game simply referred to him as a supervisor.