Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Forgive me if this was already thoroughly answered but all this information is overwhelming. I’ve been doing PSLF and income based repayment for a few years. I have federal grad loans that just switched to MOHELA. I can’t get them on the phone to see what they need me to submit that hasn’t been transferred. The unskippable intro announcement takes a hundred years and then the wait times are like 1-2 hours.

Should I recert my income and upload it? Will I still be making ungodly high monthly payments like before or will the disposal income thing someone mentioned apply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
To be clear, before I fill that out, does that impact my eventual loan discharge after 10 years and qualifying payments in PSLF? I’m paranoid. It’s not gonna be like oops rear end in a top hat you can’t have both?

I won’t be able to pay my loans off before because of how much I owe but the -$10k should lower my monthly payment by a little I hope.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I’ve been trying to read through articles but some either don’t mention graduate loans or only indicate that the low income part is not applicable to graduate loans. Will grad loans be impacted by the repayment plans? I think I remember reading that what counts as discretionary income will change but my eyes are glazing over at this point.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I have graduate loans and currently am on the PSLF track with no intent to leave (halfway done, fed job) and am on PAYE. Neither married nor will be soon. Is switching to REPAYE a good idea or no? I’m seeing conflicting info online.

My income increases yearly. Not substantially but it does depending on what the administration decides that year. I don’t want to gently caress myself and I know if I ask MOHELA I run the risk of them giving me bad advice.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I would call and ask if I were you. I did and found out I don’t have to re-cert income or apply for a different IBR until March and in that time I’d be paying less than the lowest rate plan available (I make about 20k more now than my last recert due to locality pay).