Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Zarin posted:

I'm not certain if they were pause-eligible or not, now that I think about it. Great Lakes did it automatically I think but I didn't consider that maybe Navient was less helpful about it.

Edit: now that I think about it I'm pretty sure they were still charging me interest this whole time though

Look on the finaid site. It it says fedloan 99% your part of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
The oddballs are the very small sunsets of private laons that the feds have at some point that are fairly insignificant and likely very old. More then likely any public loan (that you didn't refinance to a private!!!) Is covered.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
It also came out the the core of what they are using is an organization that they never talked to, and just filed the case without getting them to sign on. So the actual standing is even more Shakey, with the argument being that it will cost the state of Missouri tax revenue if they forgive the loans (this hasn't been proven)

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Scipiotik posted:

I don't think this case has standing this is probably the chud judge who always gets smacked in appeals. The fact it looks like it was typed on a typewriter just reinforces that belief.

its by two people angry that they didnt A) have pell grants or loans B) had FFEL loans that they didnt get consolidated and cant qualify. It also invalidates the entire Executive order which already is a legal can of worms because uh what about the money refunded???? literally its from the insane fucker and the order itself is a one page fuckup that will get held because he pushed it through with no standing defined or damages besides the two people angry because they didnt do anything

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
No, he doesn't at all judge just wanted to completely stop every part of the program.