Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I have some loans with Great Lakes that have been in deferment and all that; I assume those are covered.

I have another set of loans with Navient that were not part of the COVID deferment and I've been paying on them this whole time. With this set, is there still a chance that they might be able to be covered by forgiveness, or did that ship already sail (and/or was sunk in the harbor)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If they are eligible for the pause, then they are 100% eligible for forgiveness.

If it doesn't qualify for the pause, then there is a 99% chance it isn't eligible for forgiveness.

I'm not certain if they were pause-eligible or not, now that I think about it. Great Lakes did it automatically I think but I didn't consider that maybe Navient was less helpful about it.

Edit: now that I think about it I'm pretty sure they were still charging me interest this whole time though

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Lady Homunculus posted:

The whole FFELP thing is so frustrating. The servicers really did not want people to know that they could consolidate them into Federal Direct and now it's too late.

gently caress. I'll probably be alright even so but that's scummy as hell.

Looks like I don't have a FinAid login so I'll create one of those tomorrow I guess.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

UCS Hellmaker posted:

its by two people angry that they didnt A) have pell grants or loans B) had FFEL loans that they didnt get consolidated and cant qualify. It also invalidates the entire Executive order which already is a legal can of worms because uh what about the money refunded???? literally its from the insane fucker and the order itself is a one page fuckup that will get held because he pushed it through with no standing defined or damages besides the two people angry because they didnt do anything

I mean tbf I get being angry about the FFEL thing because I think maybe my Navient poo poo could have been rolled into forgiveness (maybe? idk) but I didn't even hear about that being a thing until after the deadline passed. In fact, I'd heard prior to that about being careful about consolidation because it'd be possible for that to gently caress stuff up.

No real point in trying to blow the whole thing up I guess though. But it is utter bullshit that there was some arbitrary deadline for rolling poo poo over into a forgivable format.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

ethanol posted:

They appear to be coming in waves, I only got one a few minutes ago

Interesting that they're going out on a Sunday.

It looks like I applied on October 16th; I wonder if application date has any bearing on the order they're getting through them. (I haven't gotten anything yet)

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

KitConstantine posted:

I got my approval email on the 20th and I applied during the beta period.

Do you happen to recall when the beta period was?

I really can't remember if I applied before or after that heh

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Len posted:

gently caress Great Lakes Borrower Service they deserve to die.

I can't even find room in my heart to be mad at them in a world where Navient is servicing some of my other loans~

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Interestingly, it does make me wonder if there were multiple "groups" of applicants and this only applies to one of those groups.

That is to say, the wording of (the body of) my email I got on the 23rd is slightly different than what the very first wave of recipients reported getting.

Either way, there's nothing objectionable about they body of my email - they said they received it and/or they have enough info to process it - and even if they end up asking for more info, I'm 99.9% sure I qualify so it really doesn't change anything on my end I guess.

It does make me wonder if there was a first group that 100% for sure did qualify, everything was on file, and THAT set of users is ready to go . . . and then there's the second set where maybe everything isn't quite as firmed up (iirc I haven't submitted my income to FAFSA anytime in the last decade or anything, so if they aren't taking that data directly from the IRS they may end up asking me for more info or something?)

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

oh. gently caress. if Nooner had a plan and I didn't than something went wrong

I see where you're coming from here, and I get it.

On the other hand, sometimes I can't help but wonder if some of Nooner's plans aren't so intentionally designed for self-flagellation that they would give Martin Luther pause.

In conclusion, Nooner is a land of contrasts. And drat if we don't love 'im for it.

Edit: This may actually be the greatest unintentional page snipe in the history of this website. Please like, subscribe, hit the bell, and leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Maybe a silly question, but if I apply for SAVE or whatever, what happens if I make "too much"?

I'd assume that nothing happens and I just pay whatever I've been paying, but I guess my concern is if I'd end up locking myself into an accelerated rate (above and beyond what I'd pay if I had done literally nothing).

I'd like to think that's not a thing but hell idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I'm kinda glad I gave up trying to figure out SAVE now . . .