Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

buglord posted:

Thanks for sticking and managing the thread. Fingers crossed republicans don’t ruin this. I can definitely benefit from having 15k wiped out.

My dude, they wiped out over a million

E: Oh sorry thought this was the Covid thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Smuggins posted:

This is generating so much hate.

Don’t blame the people actually trying to do it for all the people left behind. Blame the people who don’t want loan forgiveness at all, and are trying to kneecap it an make it painful as possible in order to generate hate.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

lmao that legal chicanery has made the thread title untrue

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

:lol:

Does this affect the other aspects of the plan (caps on repayment, interest rates, etc.)?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I was tortured on the direct orders of a US CEO so that more rainforest could be burned down for slave mining interests: NO STANDING
It hurt my feefees when I see someone else get something that I don’t: STANDING

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

You guys are mad at Biden for not waving his magic wand to make the loans disappear. He did everything he could to make this legal under his authority; the SC just said “naw, pres can’t do THAT” with a flimsy justification. It’s bad law. It’s bad on the GOP who sued out of spite. It’s bad for the teacher in my family, who now has to pay their loan instead of the payment on their 15 year old car that they use to get to and from work helping low income students.

Being mad at Biden feels like a spoiled teenager being mad at his dad

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

We’ll don’t just hold out on us man

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Talked to a Boomer today that’s glad for the decision because “if you promise you’ll pay back a loan, you should pay it back.” This person just hates the thought of anyone “getting away with” anything they don’t deserve

All sounds reasonable, to someone who believes in bootstraps and a just world, etc. but it’s a worldview that’s so far outside the current facts and state of the world I was just stunned

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I am hearing a lot of questions about how the interest capitalization works under different plans. Will people be seeing their principal balances increase under these plans? My sister thinks that she can use any plan and pay that amount and her interest won’t apply; but I’ve also seen people saying you just don’t have to pay the first year, so there’s a lot of misinformation out there

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

lol this is gonna tank the economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

you're SAVing some banker's fifth marriage by letting him buy a boat for his mistress without needing to dip into his main account