Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Fools Infinite posted:

I called Nelnet to get my loan payments refunded today. I had tried to prepare the information I had, but it was a quick call and I didn't need anything beyond verifying my identity to the phone system and waiting to speak with a person.

You can get payments refunded already before the debt forgiveness form stuff is up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yes. Any payments you made on paused loans since March 2020.

thanks

Just to be clear though, my servicer will refund me the money, add that amount back on to the loan balance then I will get the loan forgiven (up to how much I qualify for). Is that how it works?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yes. Just make sure your new loan balance is lower than the amount of forgiveness you qualify for.

Cool, thanks for the info and making the thread.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Malaria posted:

I thought for a second there the Democrats were actually going to do something to make my life better for the first time in my life.

:lol:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Cpt_Obvious posted:

What if everyone just stopped paying their loans.

Amazon warehouses become Debtors' Prisons.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Dems in 2020: Vote Biden and we will forgive all your student loans!

Dems in 2024: Ok, so last time we thought it would be hilarious to try to pass student debt relief the illegal way. But if you vote Biden in 2024, we are going to actually pass it the legally sound way!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

There Bias Two posted:

There's nothing to rule against here. The mechanism they're using gives them explicit permission to cancel debt IIRC.

And Biden didn’t use that foolproof mechanism the first time because…?