Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
The only lawsuit with a chance in hell of working is the Missouri/MOHELA lawsuit, and AFAIK MOHELA isn't even the complainant in that one, the state is bringing it on their behalf, so even that one is weak as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I read the order from the Eighth Circuit and it looked more like a "it's 5pm, gently caress off until Monday" kind of thing.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Cannon_Fodder posted:

General Bullshit > Student Loan Debt Forgiveness - Shits and Farts since October 2022

I fixed that for you.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
lol at a panel of 3 judges holding loan forgiveness hostage in a bid to tank the mid-terms.

17 days and counting on the Nebraska hold, an issue which should have legit taken only a week to resolve.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
The problem is this is in the Fifth Circuit. The appeals court will uphold it and instead of a typewriter the opinion will be written on a poo poo-stained piece of toilet paper.

It's going to end up in the Supreme Court.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
The Eighth Circuit has ruled that the six states in the Nebraska case have standing and the case will move forward. The Fifth Circuit will likely rule the same in their case. The appeals process will last well past January, at which point the new term of Congress will start and the Republicans will be able to file a lawsuit from the House.

It's pretty much over.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol seriosuly. is a house suit really a death sentence? i dunno how this poo poo works in america. crazy if it is. i thought over the past 100 years or w/e executive powers have been expandedf to such a degree that the pres could just ram this poo poo through. why not done

The executive powers were only expanded for when the president wants to give stuff to rich people or kill brown people with drones.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

The fury of the Roe verdict burned white hot. I have a feeling this will stick in people's craw's for decades.

You'll be the 85 year old ranting about how Mch McYrtle couldn't give you 10k in loan forgiveness.

All the more reason to go for broke and eliminate all college costs

Almost one tenth of the US population will never vote Republican again.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

111 South 10th Street
St. Louis, MO. 63102

Beautiful.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I like that they tied the pause to the lawsuits. The pause has to be killing loan servicers. This will put pressure on Rs to drop this before the industry dies.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Len posted:

gently caress Great Lakes Borrower Service they deserve to die.

I have no sympathy for the servicing industry.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Len posted:

But that's 400 billion less we can pump into planes and boatsbillionaire offshore accounts.

I fixed this for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
How long until they start filing lawsuits against the new income-based plan?

A lot of people would see their monthly payment drop to 0 under it. Republicans won't let that stand.