Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Probably a profoundly dumb question, but are Great Lakes-serviced loans federal or private? I would like to not owe any money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

naem posted:

the democrats did do something, the right thing

place blame on the party of hate
Oh thank Christ, they passed it into law instead of relying on an executive order??

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Cacafuego posted:

While they technically have a 50-50 split, at least 2 D senators (Manchin, Sinema) may have D in their title, but they’re not really and didn’t have enough votes for legislation to pass in the senate, so they did it the half assed executive order way.

Like, I get the frustration and legislation could have passed the house, but what else do the people pissed at the dems ITT think the dems could have done?
Controlled the votes of their own party like Republicans do? Like, I'm not trying to be glib, but at a certain point, they need to at least pretend to be trying to move Manchin and Sinema instead of just pointing at them and shrugging.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

I got the email eventually, but not before I got this thoroughly depraved email.

Which, in hindsight I guess I should have used as an opportunity to thank him for my debt relief, rather than ignoring.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

SchrodingersCat posted:

I like that they tied the pause to the lawsuits. The pause has to be killing loan servicers. This will put pressure on Rs to drop this before the industry dies.
The longer the pause goes, the more it sure seems like nothing would fall apart if we just cancelled all student debt permanently.