Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Put in my application! :toot:

Seems like it's using different servers than the main StudentAid site. Getting to the page took forever, but once the application loaded and was filled out, it submitted and emailed me almost immediately. Godspeed, poor goons.

SchrodingersCat posted:

The only lawsuit with a chance in hell of working is the Missouri/MOHELA lawsuit, and AFAIK MOHELA isn't even the complainant in that one, the state is bringing it on their behalf, so even that one is weak as poo poo.

It's funny because MOHELA is my main servicer, and they didn't handle any of the types of loans they are complaining about. I think they get some kind of kickback for the actual servicing work, but all of my loans through them are DoE loans owned by and owed to the federal government. My Perkins loans that would be direct income are actually serviced directly by my university. It's basically our backwards state legislature trying to punish The Youths as they do from time to time.

I really hate this state, but it's debatable whether it's equal to the hatred this state has for anyone under 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

buglord posted:

SCOTUS denies request to block Biden's student loan forgiveness plan

https://www.axios.com/2022/10/20/scotus-biden-student-loan-forgiveness-tax-group

Is that it? are we basically safe now?

Essentially, yes, afaik. This was only regarding the injunction to stop the forgiveness from processing for now, so the actual lawsuits can still proceed. But, if the DoE is going to move as early as this weekend, there's no way those cases will get anywhere before people start having their debts forgiven. At that point, there's basically no way those lawsuits could realistically undo it.

I guess we'll find out Sunday.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

welp

I know it's a super low-level judge and it will definitely get an appeal, but the absolute assholery of these idiots is pretty appalling, especially after getting trounced by a bunch of Gen Z'ers. Gonna be a fun couple of months figuring out what my budget it going to look like.