Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The Blob. The original black and white one with Steve McQueen. It hosed me up for years, like sleepless nights and everything. Even Blob adjacent things like The Stuff terrified me.

Everyone made fun of me for it, too. Everyone but my dad. He got me.

You can reasonably fight a frankenstein or a dracula. You can stand a fighting chance with those guys. But how do you fight a blob?

HOW!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

haljordan posted:

The remake with Kevin Dillon and Shawnee Smith (whom I had the biggest loving crush on) was also pretty goddamned terrifying

The movie theater scenes are pretty drat good. Obviously the McQueen version is silly B movie nonsense, but a couple of the scenes in the movie were very well done for its time.

I used to get Shawnee Smith and Danielle Harris mixed up all the time somehow. Their ages don't really line up at all afaik.

e: Kinda inside baseball for comedy nerds, but I thought it was funny that Del Close ended up playing a cult leader in the remake, kinda like in real life.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 1, 2022

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Buce posted:

E.T. gave me the deep creeps. I'm not scared anymore (I'm very brave and old), but that creature still disgusts me.

Crusty, dying ET scared me and made me really sad at the same time.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

haljordan posted:

the part where the one guy gets pulled right through the raft was esp terrifying

Blechhhh add that one to the blob pile. I did not like that one bit, no sir.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

When I was a little guy my older sister wanted to watch Exorcist, and I started whinging and crying because I didn't want to watch a scary movie. She told me it was a comedy to shut me up, and I sat and watched it and laughed my rear end off the whole time.

Kinda goes against the spirit of the thread, but it's a really weird memory.

I've watched it about a half dozen times since then and I still think it's funny. It's like she hypnotized me or something.