Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Also everything scared me as a kid. Ghostbusters was my and my cousin's favorite movie and we had to run out of the room when the library ghost came on.

I saw part of Nightmare on Elm Street 3 at 4 years old at my friend's house and I ran screaming home and didn't sleep with my light off until I was 13.
edit: I think that was also the night of the first nightmare I ever remember having.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh yeah...

I saw it when I was 9 or 10 at my house when my friend was over. I tried so hard to play it cool the entire time but I was terrified. After it was over it was dusk and my mom told me I had to walk my friend home. The second his front door closed I booked it racing the sun all the way home. I guess Pennywise had an impression on me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ZeusCannon posted:

Jaws scared the poo poo out of me as a kid. It was definitely a moment I remember thinking "I should not be watching this".

The only other thing I remember traumatizing me was a horror story where a kid gets trapped on a swimming platform in a lake by some sort of acid blob creature? I dont even know what the movie or whatever was. But i remember not liking that situation at all.

Creepshow 2, The Raft episode was similar. A bunch of teens are trapped on a raft and a black blob surrounds them and melts them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gSsrwZDA3Q

I saw this once on TV and ran out of the room crying with my mom chasing after me saying "No no no he's the good guy he's the GOOD GUY!!!" God, when his eyes change...

A ton of 80s-90s kids movies/tv shows are super loving dark.

Secret of Nimh
The Last Unicorn ( I think? I can't remember)
Legend
Pee Wee's Big Adventure (it looked like.... this!)
So many others. Absolutely none of that would be allowed today or it would be entirely made for adults and they'd make that clear.

I watched the X-Men cartoon every Saturday and man, that touched on some heavy topics. The first episode someone dies right away. Then they have to fight racism and other heavy topics.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I haven't seen ET since I was a kid. I remember being afraid of the FBI or whoever and clean room stuff.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well if you're going to post old video games...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1_fDwX1VVY

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

run on sentience posted:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Return to Oz yet. I still think it's one of the scariest movies ever made.

We got:
-spooky child Fairuza Balk undergoing electric shock therapy against her will
-a desert that turns you to sand if you touch it
-hyena-like men with wheels for hands and feet
-an evil witch princess with hundreds of living severed heads tortured in display cases which she can wear as her own head
-people trapped in mirrors
-an evil rock king that can turn anyone into stone or a decorative ornament and likes to play games with his victims

And the entire aesthetic of the movie is such that even the good characters are really creepy.

Yeah I saw it once and it was horrifying. Super "trippy." I can't think of a good word right now. I should probably watch that again.

edit:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

KIT HAGS posted:

Except tornadoes. Tornadoes are very scary.

The sirens are very eerie. I recorded this in November of last year.

I have no idea why it turned this video into a short. I don't understand youtube and just upload stuff. edit: oh it just shows that on my channel but it embedded just fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIRRj9C16Zg

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

This thread is clean

Is it?

Yeah I know that's 2 but that poo poo scared me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

omg that was awful.

I didn't see it forever but like 15 years ago or so I was on dxm and watched it for the first time. I had no idea it was a Spielberg film and it ended up being quite magical. Definitely Spielbergish. The beginning started of very sweet and adventurous... and it kinda went bad fast. Excellent movie.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

sometimes dead is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jows posted:

Real Ghostbusters Boogyman episode. Distilled Nightmare Fuel.

Yeah and I think the sandman one. The voice was horrifying.