Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

haha what posted:

dunno if anyone posted this in here yet but we were losin our minds yesterday over this irl speedrun move by ross chastain

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/1586834658028703744

https://twitter.com/PRNlive/status/1586835854131093504

This rules, it's so stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Three GTAs in four years and three Final Fantasies in five. Development moved much faster pre HD

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

that's still driving in the circle

It's not the correct and honorable way to drive in a circle and the fans of circle driving are making that very clear

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Not only that but it is technically 20 years old!! It does not look or feel that way! Having said that, neither did Ocarina or Majora feel really old and clunky. This definitely feels smoother though :) Ooooh I really cannot wait to play more.
https://www.laptopmag.com/features/video-game-graphics-are-a-ticking-time-bomb-the-industry-needs-to-focus-on-art-over-tech

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

hatty posted:

Three GTAs in four years and three Final Fantasies in five. Development moved much faster pre HD

hd was a mistake

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Looper posted:

hd was a mistake

Square Enix warned us

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Looper posted:

hd was a mistake

anything beyond ps2 level is unnecessary

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

are you saying videogames were also ruined by techies like how art is being ruined by AI art techies

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

VideoGames posted:

Not only that but it is technically 20 years old!! It does not look or feel that way! Having said that, neither did Ocarina or Majora feel really old and clunky. This definitely feels smoother though :) Ooooh I really cannot wait to play more.

I'm gonna have the hot take that Ocarina didn't age well (or at least not nearly as well as Majora)

Also that Twilight Princess is underrated

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i wish i could catch VG's streams live because wind waker is my number 3 favorite zelda game after okami and majora's

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

I'm gonna have the hot take that Ocarina didn't age well (or at least not nearly as well as Majora)

I played it for the very first time about three months ago and I was very surprised by how easy it was to slip into - especially coming right off Control.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Feldegast42 posted:

Also that Twilight Princess is underrated

it was the first zelda to bore me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Weird that they'd put out a press release for Yakuza 0, a game that came out 7 years ago.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1587179216155598848

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Total War: Yakuza

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They knew what they were doing :lol:

Propaganda Hour posted:

Total War: Yakuza

:frogon:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

twilight princess ftw

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

good graphics ftw. bad graphics ftw too. we get lots of both now, the ideal.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

haha what posted:

dunno if anyone posted this in here yet but we were losin our minds yesterday over this irl speedrun move by ross chastain

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/1586834658028703744

https://twitter.com/PRNlive/status/1586835854131093504

I just saw a longer video of this and one of the announcers screams, "This is a video game move!"

I've been to one NASCAR race and think the experience of watching cars speed by at 100+ mph doesn't translate well to TV.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've been craving some board game action and I've owned Talisman on Steam for ages so I booted it up and holy poo poo I just had one of the most intense gaming experience of my life. For those unfamiliar the aim of the game is to build up your character's stats around the outside of the board so you can face the challenges in the centre until you get to the middle where you can use a command spell to destroy all your enemies' lives. Well I got lucky with some early strength gains and a spell protection item so I gunned it for the middle early. I managed to survive the hardest obstacles including dicing with Death himself and got to the centre but I had to give up my spell protection at which point everyone went apeshit. I was spamming this command spell but it only has a 50% shot of working and only takes out 1 life per player per turn so everyone was coming after me and I was getting stunlocked every other turn. It ended up with one character left closing in who would have kicked my rear end if he reached me but he got stalled with Death and then stalled again with the werewolves until he got literally one move away from destroying me when I got his last life. Absolutely incredible scenes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How old is too old for TorTing?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1587189209844125696

Mei has been sent to the SHADOW ZONE.

https://twitter.com/multiversus/status/1587168905696399362

LeBron James has been sent to the SHADOW ZONE.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Didn't this exact thing happen like 6 years ago? Is time a circle?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

stev posted:

Didn't this exact thing happen like 6 years ago? Is time a circle?

they released a bunch of new maps along with OW2, which, as you may expect, leads to a repetition of the same problem

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

I've been craving some board game action and I've owned Talisman on Steam for ages so I booted it up and holy poo poo I just had one of the most intense gaming experience of my life. For those unfamiliar the aim of the game is to build up your character's stats around the outside of the board so you can face the challenges in the centre until you get to the middle where you can use a command spell to destroy all your enemies' lives. Well I got lucky with some early strength gains and a spell protection item so I gunned it for the middle early. I managed to survive the hardest obstacles including dicing with Death himself and got to the centre but I had to give up my spell protection at which point everyone went apeshit. I was spamming this command spell but it only has a 50% shot of working and only takes out 1 life per player per turn so everyone was coming after me and I was getting stunlocked every other turn. It ended up with one character left closing in who would have kicked my rear end if he reached me but he got stalled with Death and then stalled again with the werewolves until he got literally one move away from destroying me when I got his last life. Absolutely incredible scenes

Best and worst boardgaming experience I ever had was playing Talisman. I was hot on the heels of the lead player when he reached the center, so I dived in after him and hit him with EVERYTHING I had and knocked him down to almost dead. Almost. He did the equivalent of the stagger back, pause, look up and grin response and then obliterated me. It was so loving cool.... then another player refused to leave the expansion board (if I remember right, this made you immune to effects on the main board, at least that's how we played it) so he could continually travel around it stacking up powers, while the Demon-King-God-Player in the middle of the map sat there collecting his own powers. Me and the other player just sat there bored out of our minds (as was the DKGP) while the fourth insisted that this was a viable strategy, and it went for something like 45 minutes before he finally left to take on the DKGP..... and got promptly obliterated without any effort whatsoever.

We never played Talisman again :sigh:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Overheard someone on the phone be told "I've been gaming since I could hold a controller" and it inspired me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LMAO Blizzard has turned into a really embarrassing F tier game developer.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

a bug, in a video game? Lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Someone's never played a Pokemon game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Why, this hasn’t happened since last Thursday

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

What are some good November games?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Whizzing Wizard posted:

darktide but its not til the 30th

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

LeBron really should have read the fine print of the Space Jam 2 contract.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jay Rust posted:

This is less laughing at a bug and more laughing at the exact same thing people were doing when OW1 launched in OW2 because they made the exact same mistake again.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Pentiment

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

njsykora posted:

This is less laughing at a bug and more laughing at the exact same thing people were doing when OW1 launched in OW2 because they made the exact same mistake again.

I think it is fine to wait until the game releases to fix map exploits players find that only one character is able to do, personally

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Toy Story/Wreck-It-Ralph-esque Beatlejuice waiting room, but for temporarily disabled MOBA playable characters

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So excited to be an awful detective who fucks everything up! :hellyeah:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

The one chosen to leave will be the winner of a d-d-d-d-d-duel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

tactics ogre

I really hope this is good