Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Good news: I saved my broken Bloodstained chaos randomizer seed by clipping out of bounds, loving up the out of bounds clip, then landing on the other side of the boss in the other area I needed to be in anyway :toot:

It WASN'T a waste of ten hours! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I'd like to play a cyborg in a video game, but a cyborg that references Inspector Gadget and Dr. Seuss, so you've got that Gadgetcopter mini-helicopter propeller that can come out of your hat, spring-expandable limbs, and that gloved hand that can spring out of your hat when you need a third arm to hold a third thing

I'm watching the show and I liked the gag where he trips over a canister of gas he needs for his car, says "good work" to his third hand, and then it drops the gas canister to shake his other hand and lets the gas spill everywhere

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 1, 2022

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Rarity go play a much better board game, like Spirit Island

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rarity posted:

I've been craving some board game action and I've owned Talisman on Steam for ages so I booted it up and holy poo poo I just had one of the most intense gaming experience of my life. For those unfamiliar the aim of the game is to build up your character's stats around the outside of the board so you can face the challenges in the centre until you get to the middle where you can use a command spell to destroy all your enemies' lives. Well I got lucky with some early strength gains and a spell protection item so I gunned it for the middle early. I managed to survive the hardest obstacles including dicing with Death himself and got to the centre but I had to give up my spell protection at which point everyone went apeshit. I was spamming this command spell but it only has a 50% shot of working and only takes out 1 life per player per turn so everyone was coming after me and I was getting stunlocked every other turn. It ended up with one character left closing in who would have kicked my rear end if he reached me but he got stalled with Death and then stalled again with the werewolves until he got literally one move away from destroying me when I got his last life. Absolutely incredible scenes

Talisman owns

My favorite center card is the one that simply resets the game out of spite. You don't know this will happen beforehand lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish I could find that social media thread about the guy who started playing talisman and that the game has been going on so long that society has collapsed, the world has become an apocalyptic wasteland, humanity is nearly extinct, and yet here he is still stuck in the same hell of this one single neverending game of talisman

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

It's a shame how little love Geometry Wars 3 gets in comparison to the first two, because it maintains the spirit of both of them but innovate on the formula with 3D spaces and bosses as an extra twist in the mix.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A lot of the way through SOMA, but I didn’t finish on Halloween, but it’s because I played Signalis instead, so that’s OK

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No Game November

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

FirstAidKite posted:

No Game November

Commiting to this

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

yesvember

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Man, Metroid Dread is really committing to “no earlygame morph ball”, it’s kinda frustrating. Not in a janky bad design way, more that it’s more noticeable that I don’t have it than just about any powerup in Metroid ever aside from the Varia Suit and I can’t wait till I find it, which was probably the point. Gonna lol if it’s the penultimate upgrade right behind the screw attack and gravity jump.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Where's the drat November thread? :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FirstAidKite posted:

Rarity go play a much better board game, like Spirit Island

I need to play my board games in order as well :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Rarity posted:

Where's the drat November thread? :argh:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4016346&perpage=40&noseen=1
I did the thing, will lock if someone makes a better one.