Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have obtained a steam dreck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

happy spooky games month. it's time to play resident evil 1 for the first time

Original or Remake?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

maybe today i should unpack the xbox i bought 2 weeks ago

or i could just keep on playing 35 year old computer games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Play 35 year old games on your Xbox

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I've awakened and I'm here to say Fortnite...is back.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Happy Halloween, Xbox

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Help Persona 5 Royale and Bayonetta 3 are releasing too close to one another and I'm still not done with Splatoon 3!!!!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
p5r is already out though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
bayon3tta

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I should probably finish Bayonetta 2 first, does it count as a Halloween game though....

Also I only have the WiiU version and eh.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bayonetta 2 is a christmas game

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

p5r is already out though

Wanted to wait until it was out on Switch to do the Royale playthrough

Like having the handheld option for JRPGs

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

bruce willis is in bayonetta 2???

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Congrats, wish I could get one. By all accounts a rad device.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

just finished watching the vod of jerma playing simpsons hit n run in one sitting, and good lord the last like, two hours , is one of the most gruelling emotional rollercosters ive ever seen a human being experience

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh yeah, Hit and Run just kinda...hates you at the end.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

loving hell, PC froze completely again. That's the third time. I think it might be the SSD because 2/3 times happened after quiting a game from the SSD (Elden Ring and Pathfinder). Although it never happened with FFXIV...

rox
Sep 7, 2016

jerma spoilers: after having the game crash for a second time , he loses 5 missions worth of progress during the final mission, and then has to use the mod he's using to skip back to it. this is still 2 hours from the end.

he makes it to the final tractor beam with granpa and the toxic waste, and he gets busted in the beam with 4 seconds left and the game drops him off facing a wall and he fails

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I banish all jerma posting to the online creators thread and may god have mercy on your soul

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Relax Or DIE posted:

I banish all jerma posting to the online creators thread and may god have mercy on your soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVvNme-3ad8

rox
Sep 7, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For October I am excited to play:
PGA Tour 2K23
Triangle Strategy
Star Ocean The Divine Force
:siren: Bayonetta 3 :siren:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

loving hell, PC froze completely again. That's the third time. I think it might be the SSD because 2/3 times happened after quiting a game from the SSD (Elden Ring and Pathfinder). Although it never happened with FFXIV...

Okay checking out it seems to be something about DistributedCOM? At the very least it checks out happening just before every freeze.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s Bayoctober and next month is Pokémovember. A great year of gaming

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i cant wait to play pokémon!!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Already preordered it

Because I'm losing my retailer discount next month so I better get it now for 20 less euros, who the hell preorders otherwise (save for limited stuff).

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

that's tight. what's first

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

cheetah7071 posted:

october is the month to play retro games you missed while you wait for the real stuff to come out in november

im gonna play yggdra union, i think

But I already did that last month!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oh yeah Sonic is next month, I played through the Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure last week and it still holds up. Love spindashing up small inclines and launching 600ft in the air

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that's tight. what's first

Installation of a thousand emulators

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh drat persona and bayonetta this month

I haven’t touched a non switch console in like 4 Months

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am looking forward to Bayo 3 but not gonna lie, playing it on the Switch and with JoyCons feels like the moon's pale reflection of the sun's light

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Get a pro controller? I got an entire Wii U for Bayonetta 2 and it was worth it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone have any strong opinions on the following games I will probably buy at least one of them to play through this weekend:

omori
klonoa collection
touhou luna nights
the sekimeiya: spun glass

i like metroidvanias but kinda bounced off of luna nights, basically cus the combat wasn't really fun to me but at the same time each room has a bunch of pretty tanky enemies so you spend a lot of your gameplay time fighting stuff

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Original or Remake?

remake! i might check out the original at some point as a curiosity

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i like metroidvanias but kinda bounced off of luna nights, basically cus the combat wasn't really fun to me but at the same time each room has a bunch of pretty tanky enemies so you spend a lot of your gameplay time fighting stuff

too late I already bought and finished it!!! Actually I do agree you had to rely on the time powers a little too much for regular enemies and in the final (final) area I found myself just running past some of them but it's a cool gimmick and the bosses were v fun even if I only recognised two of them. Only thing is I found that sword weapon and using it on the last three bosses almost felt like cheating idk

I am kind of curious how much of a difference it makes in the flandre fight if you had spent lots of money at the shop/I never sold any of my gems since none the items seemed worth it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Here for Plague Tale, otherwise October is a blank

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1576274176973090816?t=jEkAyiJ_YRifWf0GXaYLcg&s=19

We can never keep nice things :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

:capitalism:

I hate corporate coups so much