Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

too late I already bought and finished it!!! Actually I do agree you had to rely on the time powers a little too much for regular enemies and in the final (final) area I found myself just running past some of them but it's a cool gimmick and the bosses were v fun even if I only recognised two of them. Only thing is I found that sword weapon and using it on the last three bosses almost felt like cheating idk

I am kind of curious how much of a difference it makes in the flandre fight if you had spent lots of money at the shop/I never sold any of my gems since none the items seemed worth it

the sword is op but i think i ended up going back to the chainsaw as my go-to. but yeah i also never bought anything so idk! probably not though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

absolutely cursed, but also thematically appropriate

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Time to get hyped for Ska Bardo, the hot new text-heavy political RPG from YB/TN

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao I am scared to know the details because I would probably vomit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

I said come in! posted:

lmao I am scared to know the details because I would probably vomit.

https://twitter.com/a_kaiju/status/1576275306310049792?s=20&t=FCx1chrsdANcg7tXn_xG0A

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dio from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure but he's wearing a black suit & playing a trumpet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am not sure I fully understand. Stealing money, and lying to investors? From who, and lying about what? On the surface this doesn't sound too bad? But I feel like I am missing something really important. It's weird to read about fraud coming from people who put out an extremely successful video game, because usually fraud and putting out a product at all don't go hand in hand. See literally every MMORPG crowdfund. I was expecting some Blizzard/Activision levels of bad or something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the people who put up the original money to fund the creation of the game included a literal convicted fraudster. these people saw how successful it was and went for the money which obviously clashed with Kurvitz and the others who got forced out as a result

most certainly means we're never getting an english translation of his book if it was ever happening anyway

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The DE thing is the funniest thing I've seen all week

rox
Sep 7, 2016

whys that

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

:thumbsup:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's hilarious when monolithic institutions ruin people's lives

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bravestofthelamps junior over here

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Gaius Marius posted:

Please keep your bad opinions quarantined in CD.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

idk ppretty funny the reveal that they willingly signed on w a guy convicted of investment fraud to get their bag. lie with dogs etc.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you don't find it funny that the game that criticizes capitals ability to subsume criticism of it into itself and sell it back to you, having its own criticism subsumed and sold back in the form of an Amazon TV show while gutting the heart of the company, you should probably clean out your humor glands

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
stux coming out swinging against prisoner reentry, unsurprising really

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
dies irae

rox
Sep 7, 2016

mods?!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

stux coming out swinging against prisoner reentry, unsurprising really

i treat everyone equally. whether you have been to prison or not, if you sign your soul over to insane finance guys do not be surprised when you find your soul being torn out.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Oxxidation posted:

bravestofthelamps junior over here

Now that's a name I havent heard in a long time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I am persevering with Silent Hill Downpour and while I'm not going to pretend its actually good it does have.... moments... when I don't hate it.

And then it makes me fight something and I go ah yeah.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I am persevering with Silent Hill Downpour and while I'm not going to pretend its actually good it does have.... moments... when I don't hate it.

And then it makes me fight something and I go ah yeah.

I think it may actually be the worst SH game, and I played both homecoming and the PSVita diablo-like. It's just so drat grey and boring.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

its the only silent hill game i started that i never finished

dont remember why tbh, should probably go back some time, but my ps3 died :<

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

If you don't find it funny that the game that criticizes capitals ability to subsume criticism of it into itself and sell it back to you, having its own criticism subsumed and sold back in the form of an Amazon TV show while gutting the heart of the company, you should probably clean out your humor glands

it's genuinely funny and also, sadly, a practical inevitability after how popular it got, unless the entire IP was owned solely by the greatest saints of the 21st century

it's another great irony of art under capitalism that the only people who can afford to keep their morals steadfast in the face of commercial pressures are the already wealthy

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

They should have simply gotten their founding from the honest investors who cared about artistic integrity over profits. Weird they didn't think of this

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

It's one of those sad lols, like when a Dark Souls NPC laughs at the end of their dialogue

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Harrow posted:

It's one of those sad lols, like when a Dark Souls NPC laughs at the end of their dialogue

we in the biz refer to these as "grim lols"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

They should have simply gotten their founding from the honest investors who cared about artistic integrity over profits. Weird they didn't think of this

They should be beaten to death with hammers and lead pipes.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

hmm thats a tad extreme

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They should be beaten to death with hammers and lead pipes.

all over a few asterisks in dialogue? harsh but fair

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Harrow posted:

this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ah, hosed up little economic philosophy…

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Now that DE has finally been wrested from the hands of some limp-wristed euro commies we can finally get some cool stuff, like Hat DLC or a Twitch emote pack.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/h0llydeer/status/1575849126394482688?s=20&t=CFMMTc4f8xd9bhRPLZktgA

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’d be funny if Gundam Overwatch does better than Overwatch 2, it won’t but it’d be fun

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

What's the best site to read game news and reviews nowadays? I used to read Rock Paper Shotgun a lot but I haven't liked the direction the site has gone on in recent years.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No where, ignorance is bliss

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tosk posted:

What's the best site to read game news and reviews nowadays? I used to read Rock Paper Shotgun a lot but I haven't liked the direction the site has gone on in recent years.

this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Just had a really good mission in MGS V. Snuck in to destroy some satellite dishes, and right when I detonated them and put the enemy base into alert phase, a sandstorm hit and I was able to easily sneak out with no one the wiser. Love it.