Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hope Ragnorok has more variety in bosses and a bit more spectacle. Nothing in 2018 topped Poseidon, Hades, or Cronos. 2018 may have a deeper combat system but I prefer the more arcady PS2/3 ones with their jump buttons and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Beat chapter 6 of TTYD. Probably gonna go on a Shine hunt next time I play to power up most of my partners.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

Dunkey cracked the code and said he's only gonna publish good games. The future is here

I thought he was just doing that thing quentin tarantino does where he slaps his name on stuff he thinks people should check out

Tho american mcgee probably works better since he also just tossed his name onto a few games he thought were neat

Except unlike dunkey, tarantino and mcgee are creators in their respective fields they're attaching their names to...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Some things no child should have to deal with

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like the Water Temple a lot.

Also Wind Waker yesterday was MAGNIFICENT!

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
I was feeling like Phoenix Wright 3 was dragging and I was struggling to get to the end but I've just done the pre-trial sequence for case 5 and it was hype as heck! Can't wait to see where this goes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lavatein posted:

I was feeling like Phoenix Wright 3 was dragging and I was struggling to get to the end but I've just done the pre-trial sequence for case 5 and it was hype as heck! Can't wait to see where this goes.

It's one of the best parts of the series. Enjoy, gamer :cheerdoge:

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Man, T&T is an absolute banger Phoenix Wright game, I don't think it has a single case I dislike. It probably has the best case 2 in the series too. 6-2 is great, but the whole Mask☆DeMasque roller coaster (and Luke Atmey) is just fantastic in every way.

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 31, 2022

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I really love that case but I could never quite look at it the same again when someone pointed out a plot hole to me: Phoenix is utterly convinced that Ron is not Mask☆DeMasque and that all the equipment in his house is mere fanboyism despite them all being marked with Mask☆DeMasque's emblem which the police have kept hidden from the public and is an important plot point.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 31, 2022

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Don't really know where else to post about it, but I was pretty sad to see Nibel quit twitter. IMO he was the best source for gaming news, but it's totally understandable why one person trying to do that would burn out, and why he was pissed at twitter for not verifying him even though he had almost half a million followers.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
gently caress, didn’t know that’s why I wasn’t seeing posts from him. He really was a great source of game news too and seemed like a cool guy.

Although I’m guessing going forward not a lot of people are gonna be verified anyway. :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1587069173003218944?t=69NhJk2c4zygiFm9tPqdtQ&s=19

The Remake of the Sequel to Myst

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Never thought Riven would get a remake as all the original files were lost. One of the best adventure games ever made, if not the best.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Don't really know where else to post about it, but I was pretty sad to see Nibel quit twitter. IMO he was the best source for gaming news, but it's totally understandable why one person trying to do that would burn out, and why he was pissed at twitter for not verifying him even though he had almost half a million followers.

Not just Twitter, he's quit reporting gaming news entirely because he couldn't find a way to make it financially sustainable. :(

Hope he does well with whatever else it is he does.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The world looks to Wario64 now

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I use the Decypher app. It's a good gaming news aggregator

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

exquisite tea posted:

Never thought Riven would get a remake as all the original files were lost. One of the best adventure games ever made, if not the best.

Can't wait for more of the terrible 3d Atrus they used for the Myst remake.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Where's my remake of Pyst? John Goodman ain't doin' anything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Myst of Us Part 2

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Will the Riven remaster be on 7 CDs

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

the real way to get gaming news and stay updated is to simply to read this very thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1587105925642391553?s=20&t=XVkSuuF7rE1GlECT2XB7hA

Because this sure went well the last time it happened.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

EA threatens 3 to release more Marvel games over the next two years.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
EA To Release Three Marvel Games Unless Conditions Are Met

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My inside sources are telling me that a new fighting game "Marvel vs EA" will see iconic EA characters like Faith, Ronaldo and a car from Need for Speed duking it out against Marvel superheroes

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

My inside sources are telling me that a new fighting game "Marvel vs EA" will see iconic EA characters like Faith, Ronaldo and a car from Need for Speed duking it out against Marvel superheroes

That already exists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Nemesis:_Rise_of_the_Imperfects

I literally remembered this game existed the other day for no reason. Maybe it was an omen.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

John Madden or riot

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Secret True Final Boss should definitely be a 1v2 fight against John Madden and José Mourinho

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macaluso posted:

The world looks to Wario64 now

lovely news to wake up to. :/ Glad Nibel is doing well and it's nothing to do with with financials or health, but he was pretty much my only source of gaming news.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have no idea who that is

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

I have no idea who that is

They were pretty much the only good source of gaming news, and one of the very few reasons to even be on Twitter cause that is where they posted all of their news. Most gaming news that got posted on SA came from his Twitter account.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

not surprised that his Patreon failed, as he never struck me as having much of a personal brand beyond the service he provided as a news aggregator. I certainly don’t blame him for quitting, though; if I were doing all that work, let alone for free, I’d have burned out ages ago

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gamedevdotcom/status/1587070416820002817?t=C-6jppgKthzTTIP9u1lSyg&s=19

Menacing, have a nice day.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
next valkyria chronicles shaping up to be a banger

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why do all publishers not simply create a super game that sells more copies than all other games?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Congratulations to Dunkey on his new position at Sega

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should make a super console that they can release their super game on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Finally, Sonic VR.