Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Agnostalgia posted:

I think it may actually be the worst SH game, and I played both homecoming and the PSVita diablo-like. It's just so drat grey and boring.

I prefer it to at least Homecoming and Origins, they make grey and boring seem like doing acid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

saw this on aliexpress for 40-70bux, lmao

it comes with a 256gb sd card filled to the top with 117,000 roms. that's enough downloaded cars to collapse a small country

e:

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 2, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Please rename this thread to “octoberpath traveler”

rox
Sep 7, 2016

standing gamer stance

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That controller is from the timeline where nintendo and sony worked together

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Imagine what we could've have if the 64dd worked out

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FirstAidKite posted:

That controller is from the timeline where nintendo and sony worked together

theres a variant that comes with snes knockoff controllers instead
idk how you're gonna play tekken on one of those though

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

it comes with a 256gb sd card filled to the top with 117,000 roms. that's enough downloaded cars to collapse a small country

e:

i dunno why but there's something very charming about this

like, there's probably only a 60% chance it doesn't immediately explode as soon as you plug it in, but what amounts to a bunch of emulators in a box isn't the worst idea in the world

Barudak
May 7, 2007

All this talk of worst silent hill and nobody ever brings up Book of Memories.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I too stand with an intensity of driving a racecar in the rain when i play games too

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Barudak posted:

Isn't that one a Diablo clone?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Help I can't stop splatting

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Barudak posted:

I did!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arzaac posted:

Isn't that one a Diablo clone?

Its a dungeon looter mess of a portable only experience.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

haveblue posted:

Please rename this thread to “octoberpath traveler”

ok

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Big fan of video games imo.
Gonna play some spooky poo poo this month

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Octopath traveller is bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This is the spirit halloween thread actually

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've never played a horror game cause I'm too worried I'd get scared... When I was like 10 I only did quests in cities in Oblivion cause I thought the caves were too scary.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I remember people talking about Slay the Spire a lot one year, and I noticed it was in my game library, so I decided to give it a go.

It is the second card game game I have played (after Dicey Dungeons, which might be a card game game, but I am not sure) and I can see how it could be moreish.

Funnily, though, I can not get past act 1 as the Ironclad after 6 or so tries. I have gotten past Act 1 as the Defect and the Silent on my first try with each of them - their mechanics seem to work way better with my brain.

Pretty neat game :)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

For the final mission of Triangle Strategy, they turn the JRPG knob to it highest setting and you do indeed attack and dethrone god.
Good stuff.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

VideoGames posted:

I remember people talking about Slay the Spire a lot one year, and I noticed it was in my game library, so I decided to give it a go.

It is the second card game game I have played (after Dicey Dungeons, which might be a card game game, but I am not sure) and I can see how it could be moreish.

Funnily, though, I can not get past act 1 as the Ironclad after 6 or so tries. I have gotten past Act 1 as the Defect and the Silent on my first try with each of them - their mechanics seem to work way better with my brain.

Pretty neat game :)

Slay The Spire is absolutely one of the best deck-builder games I've ever played and it's longevity is stunning. Just an insanely fine tuned and well balanced game.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

yeah but someone asked me to change a thread title. it's like throwing grains of rice for a vampire, i can't help myself

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Octoberdad: The Gamesliest Chat

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Metis of the Hallway posted:

yeah but someone asked me to change a thread title. it's like throwing grains of rice for a vampire, i can't help myself

Imho whatever the quality of the game Octoberpath Traveler is a solid B- thread title.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

e:

My dude is up there playing Need for Speed World, the free to play NFS that shut down in 2015.

I wonder what's actually in that thing, maybe a raspberry pi3? I think those could technically run most of those systems listed via Retroarch or something. The framerate would be dire though, especially for n64 and DC.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

e:

I played a console similar to this at the mall like a decade or two ago and it turned out it was like 5 lovely ripoffs of Mario with 1000 different palate swaps each

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Jay Rust posted:

buying that game full price is my biggest gamer regret, moreso even then buying simcity 2013

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my all time worst full price purchase was Brink

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the gen 7 alone in the dark reboot

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Probably Tales of Arise for me, very clearly unfinished past a certain point and just becomes a miserable slog after the second opening starts playing. Even the batshit insane twist that everything was orchestrated by a sentient carnivorous planet mind controlling aliens couldn’t make me finish it.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Probably Starbound, so disappointing... generally I've avoided this because I never preorder and rarely pick up on release unless its a new Zelda or some studio with a well proven track record. I do have a bunch of games that I've picked up that were a popular flavor of the month and never got around to them though.

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 2, 2022

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Skyward Sword for me.

Then again 10 years later because I never learn.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I think the worst game I purchased full price was the Valkyria Revolution. We got through about three hours of it before we needed to stop.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Probably one of the wii launch games, some of them were very bad but launch bundles will do that to you.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Feels Villeneuve posted:

my all time worst full price purchase was Brink

lol same

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Mad Wack posted:

buying that game full price is my biggest gamer regret, moreso even then buying simcity 2013
Devil may Cry here

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I pre-ordered imperator: rome.
Lol

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the worst value for money is league of legends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Worst game i played full price for was SSX On Tour for the PS2. Such a loving disappointment. Luckily I managed to return it and trade it for God of War. Best trade ever.