Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Vincent, son of Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Bloodborne pc when
HFW pc when

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

i was making a list of games that i wanted on the PS store, and was gonna get as PS4 when the list hit critical mass. then I learned that you cannot buy ANY armored core games on the PS store and decided to nope out purely out of spite. (and my massive steam and switch backlog)

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

stev posted:

Why is Sony being ridiculed for releasing its games on PC and reducing the number of PS5 exclusives when that's an objectively good thing? I mean the Series X/S has zero exclusive games and that's generally considered to be a good thing. Lets encourage platform holders moving in the right direction. :)

because there was a subforum called Your Console Sucks for like, over a decade

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I guess I just think this is Sony doing bad things, and not Nintendo doing good things. It’s good for games to be available to more people, also it’s bad if games become mtx nft hellscapes, I hope these aren’t our two choices

two roads diverged in a yellowed wood, one towards "making a lot of money" and one towards "making games that are good." and that has made all the difference.

page snipe content: SUPERHOT is in the same subgenre as Baba is You, namely, games where things do not happen if you do not move.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Stux posted:

more broadly known as roguelikes

no, there's no hub world with permanent upgrades in either game

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter I've played in years!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I beat SUPERHOT, although I haven't done all the challenges and stuff. Apparently it only took me 90 minutes.

I was just complaining about THE PEDESTRIAN and how it only took me like 2.5 hours, and I felt ripped off, but really it's less about the hours-to-dollars ratio and more about it just never actually doing anything interesting with its mechanics. I do not feel that way about SUPERHOT, because SUPERHOT actually did something original with gameplay AND told me a really interesting cyberpunk story in that time. I might go back and do all the challenges and stuff, but it felt like a complete, new thing that only needed that much time to do what it needed to.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

In Canada there were ads for both lamb and eggs on the tv last night. Just, for the concepts of those foods.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

In Canada you can buy milk in bags. Most people don't, because it's hosed, but you can.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I've been playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Movement in these games feels great, love just bouncing and sliding everywhere. Just unlocked the triple-jump.

I spent like half an hour though beating my head against an area with big Portal-style teleporters in it. A simple enough puzzle, but I could only find three of the four keys I needed to unlock the door at the end. Spent forever SCOURING the place for that fourth key, and like, it just wasn't that complicated an area.

Turns out that these keys are totally fungible, like Small Keys in Ocarina of Time. I'd just found one of them on my first visit, left to go do plot stuff, and solved another area on the other side of the map with only three of THAT temple's four keys, and this one. So after a little while scouring the map and my memory, I found the extra key in an entirely other dungeon and came back for my worthless knicknack.

Game still good, however

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

everyone should watch shin godzilla

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It was... fine. Movement in these games feels really good to me, and the exploration bits were fun. I didn't 100% any areas but I'm glad that you eventually get movement abilities that trivialize any old puzzles you couldn't figure out. I just wish there'd been more and better bosses -- the emphasis on escape sequences as part of / instead of bosses did not feel great.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Man I disagree completely about the bosses. The escape sequences are incredible, while I didn't really like the full boss fights like the frog. The sand worm chase is amazing

Yeah, to each their own -- I can see the appeal of platforming-based bosses in a platformer, like New Super Mario in a way.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I have finally gotten around to Hitman 3 after playing the poo poo out of 2 and the backported levels of 1. I am also making the Gamer™ choice this time and disabling all of the HUD wayfinding to help you find targets / follow mission stories / etc. I'm still messing around in the first level but it's given me a lot more respect for their level design chops. They do a great job of signposting interesting plots and routes with NPC chatter, items, etc. that you can use to piece together assassination methods without just following the HUD. Looking forward to exploring more and also seeing what insane new kill methods they've thought up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

lol wtffff