Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Now that DE has finally been wrested from the hands of some limp-wristed euro commies we can finally get some cool stuff, like Hat DLC or a Twitch emote pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Square doesn't own Xenosaga, that's Bandai-Namco.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Harada said in 2019 that a Xenosaga remaster wasn't happening, but that was also before Square started churning out remasters of literally everything they've done in the last 25 years for EZ $$$. If Bamco sees that Xenogears gets a remake and does well, then I bet Xenosaga would follow. You'd have to do a little more than update the resolution and character models to fix Part II though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Is this one of those things where people get outraged over some machine-written headline generated for maximum SEO.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Today I have finished Prodeus! That was a pretty cool experience, even if the last couple levels did seem to drag on a little. Very nice little retro shooter.

So far in 2022 I have completed:

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS5)
Windjammers 2
Nobody Saves the World
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West
Elden Ring
Demon's Souls (2020)
Dark Souls 2
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Stray
Diablo II Resurrected
Immortality
Prodeus

Up Next: A Plague Tale: Requiem

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I hear there are gonna be a lot of rats in this one.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That Asterigos game looks pretty cool too, I guess companies are now obligated to release one cutesy Pixar action-adventure game that's surprisingly hard per year.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Games being so bad that I'm forced to make friends IRL for my entertainment is a worst case scenario.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I thought Hard Drive was a parody site.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

As it turns out twitch is all your lower nervous system can do once you fall into the foam pit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I didn't think The Medium was very good but I don't think they're exactly high archvillains of the video game world, either.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Diablo 2 in particular really brought loot drops into modern focus but the most insidious implementation of it at the time was Phantasy Star Online and the infamous SPECIAL WEAPON ???? red box.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kids these days complaining about "grinding" for a new gun decal or whatever don't know the struggle, how about trying to get a Psycho Wand that was a literal 1/10,000 chance from a monster that appeared maybe 5-6 times in the entire dungeon depending on your Section ID.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

New album is amazing. Presumably they will one day use a CRJ song in a video game, or at the very least they should so this conversation is appropriate.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Much like the output of Gust, CRJ is very popular with goons and has an extremely devoted following but isn't exactly an A-lister outside of their one big hit. Also much more popular in Japan.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Harrow posted:

CRJ is epic, sorry haters

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Educate yourself in her discography lest your entire party wipe to Carly Rae Epsilon in the omega dungeon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The one on the top sellers list on Steam with 90% positive reviews?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FFX-2 is to this day the greatest JRPG ever made

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

A documentary about people who fall in love with their video game consoles titled Romancing Sega.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

IMO the categories you can split JRPGs into would be:
Main Quest
Side Quest
Numbers
Single Player Mechanics
Multiplayer Mechanics
Presentation/Aesthetic
Crafting
Worldbuilding/Lorecrafting
Exploration
Character writing
Music
Difficulty (Easiness)
Difficulty (Hardness)
Length (Shortest)
Length (Longest)
Replayability
Procedural Generation of content
Handcrafted content

Hobby-grade
Co-op Campaign
Genre-blended
Multimode
Competitive E-Sports
Meta-growth
Choice
Epic JRPG Heroes!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I will never be satisfied with online matchmaking until they can create a system where I effortlessly destroy scrubs while never having to play a game against people better than me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

What a shitload of gently caress!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Never thought Riven would get a remake as all the original files were lost. One of the best adventure games ever made, if not the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

EA threatens 3 to release more Marvel games over the next two years.