Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
https://twitter.com/DailyBayonetta/status/1441170459551174660

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bravestofthelamps junior over here

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

oh, this is genuinely upsetting

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Huey might be the most accurate portrayal of narcissism in video games, in part because he’s such a weedy little poo poo that there’s nothing to get in the way of that narcissism. all he do is make bad robot and lie

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

https://youtu.be/RKJur8wpfYM

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
god loving dammit, there goes angela lansbury

was waiting for that shoe to drop for a while but this has already been a crappy day

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

hatty posted:

Anyone playing an spooky games this month? I'm just doing my usual castlevania playthroughs

got my eye on plague tale and scorn

still waiting on a horror game better than a 45-minute freeware walking sim from six years ago

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I really loved chrono trigger so I endured it but yeah, those psx load times were quite bad

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
only problem with the soundtrack is that there wasn’t more of it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
we are now approaching the season of Too Many Games

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it made a really bad first impression with that stupid egg puzzle but i haven't hit any speedbumps since

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
scorn was borin

i must reluctantly place my halloween hopes in the french

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bayo 3 looks like a mash of the original gameplay and astral chain and between that and the extremely visually boring homunculus enemies i was giving it a bit of a side-eye, but still interested

less so now though

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
even TMZ has picked up on this thing, it's a wonder kamiya hasn't been forcibly parted from his phone yet

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this also would have taken place way before Babylon’s Fall tanked

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the only PS5 games I’ve played that gained from the haptics were Astro and Returnal, in everything else they were either superfluous or obnoxious

I like the controller’s ergonomics but christ it’s fragile for something so heavy. busted sticks, broken springs, malfunctioning rumble (though that last one might actually be a ps4 software issue somehow?)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
closest thing that jumps to mind (and season appropriate) is Knock Knock

you have to make it to the end of each day but you’re given little indication of what you’re doing or the consequences of getting it wrong, and the first half is pretty low-stakes as you figure it out. then the second half kicks in and, well, if you’re familiar at all with Icepick Lodge then you shouldn’t be too surprised by what happens

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
completely pointless, just give us a working port for god’s sake

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bloober team has cargo-culted their entire catalog and seldom given the impression they really understand what they’re making beyond the parts they steal from someone else

so it’s aggravating that they’ve somehow taken up most of the oxygen in AA horror

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Observer is their best game, reaching the lofty heights of “pretty decent”

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Why would you want to leave Dark World?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeyUb2uvOv8

oh, that's not going to leave my head for a while

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the last act has several pieces that are extremely Giger

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
reading between the lines it sounds like she gets damseled by Luka in the final stretch but these reviews have some really obnoxious content embargoes so it’s hard to speculate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that would probably do the trick tbh