Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
💀🎺

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
dies irae

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That controller is from the timeline where nintendo and sony worked together

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This is the spirit halloween thread actually

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Xenosaga Episode II

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Please Square, remaster this trilogy for modern consoles.

I would rather they do a localization of the DS remakes of Xenosaga 1 and 2 since at least then 2 probably won't be as tediously slow and awful as the original release.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Larryb posted:

Huh, I’ve never actually played any of them but until now I always assumed the Xeno series (or at least Gears) was made by Square

Nope.

Xenogears was Squaresoft. It was the 5th game in the Xenogears series and the 1st one actually developed and released.

Xenosaga was an attempt to redo and remake their original plan for the Xenogears series but with some name changes, better graphics, and attempting to tell the true 6 game story they had planned out. Namco-Bandai published them (though idk when Namco merged with Bandai so it might've just been Namco for the first game).

However, Xenosaga ended up being bloated and messy. The plan was for there to be 3 separate duologies, Xenosaga 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and 5 & 6. The original plans for 1 ended up being split into 2 games, Xenosaga 1 and Xenosaga 2, but there was enough of a shitshow that when it came time for 3, they just went "gently caress this" and tried to tie up all the plot as nicely as they could, never even finishing the original planned stories of the original 1 & 2 designs and never making it to the 2nd or 3rd duologies.

Nintendo bought Monolith Soft and they eventually made Xenoblade which is its own game, not trying to follow the design plans that Xenogears and Xenosaga tried to follow, but it does still draw from those documents, those games, and those ideas in general, so they're largely new games with original stories but distinct plot beats you can point at and go "oh it really is a Xeno game huh."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Larryb posted:

How are the DS versions better out of curiosity?

I doubt they could be any worse than how 2 already was.

The battles in the ds one are so much shorter.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What is there even to remake with horizon??

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
FF7 spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb9T679e3Z0

lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
People have been remaking games from previous generations without any major visible changes since games were a thing tho

e: Still funny when it happens to big aaa stuff where it's just a glorified port lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Stux posted:

this is the first time its been the only thing coming out on the console from first party studios.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Stux posted:

the ps5 has been out for 2 full years and has 5 games, soon to be 4 bcos one is getting a pc port.

:ok:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I'm agreeing with him

e: the doubt was over this being the first time something like this has happened, not doubting that it's happening to ps5 rn

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 2, 2022

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Okay

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Real question is if ff16 will get a ps6 remake

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Playing through oneshot for the first time.

I'm at what I assume is the ending.

Save the world or return home. gently caress you game. You wanna tell me I can't close out of the game during cutscenes, gently caress you I'm ending the process. Not playing by your dumbass rules.

Guess that's where I'm leaving it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

good job throwing a tantrum at a cute indie game OP

It's ok to go "yeah I'm not up for this right now" and stop playing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Your reaction made me curious so I looked up the game and I have a (fairly predictable) spoiler for you to read if you're interested.

The game is doing an Undertale and you should keep playing.

Yeah I figured. Just getting to that point from the start going on 5-6 hours and getting "hi, sorry but you need to choose whether to save the world or send niko home and no you can't close the window now" was enough for me for me to call it quits for the night. Not in the right headspace.

I was hoping ending the process was a solution too and I thought I'd gotten one up on the game since it didn't want me closing out at the choice, but that didn't work so I thought "nah gently caress this I'll do this later."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Have you been playing in windowed mode the game does some neat stuff with that

Yeah, noticed 2 specific points that windowed mode was needed and a few others just outside the game in general.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

the older freeware version of the game does just end there 😭

Lol, feeling vindicated now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My oldest nephew is autistic and my brother-in-law celebrates that by putting on clown makeup and wearing a puzzle-piece-pattern adult onesie and lip syncing on tiktok

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My nephew is 18.

His dad created a clownsona based on and to bring awareness to his son's autism.

By going with a puzzle piece motif.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i liked the second post better, clownsona is a high quality neologism

*lip syncs to bad guy by billie eilish* ok but to be real here my son is very autistic shoutouts to autism speaks lets fix autism also please buy my wife's custom adult onesies

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

Your bil sounds pretty cool.

Idk if you're being 100% serious but autisms speaks sucks and the puzzle piece autism logo is also bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

I was being sarcastic, sorry.

Nah it's all good, I'm just bad at reading sarcasm vs sincerity online lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

No Dignity posted:

Please don't post this here, we have a whole forum for doomsaying already

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of purgatory.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

It's ok, you haven't reached their release year yet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

mutata posted:

Wish I could say I was doing well. Hope y'all are though.

I appreciate it. No need to apologize. Wishing you well. If you wanna talk and vent you know how to get in touch.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

my favorite mode 7 animation is the descent from the sky palace in actraiser

Mine's the underworld in Terranigma since the mode 7 is reflected in the sky as well. Since you're on the inside of a hollow earth the sky is just whatever part of the map would be directly above you. It's like having 2 mode 7 overworlds at the same time.

7th Saga isn't a good game but I like the overworld mode 7 battle transition effect it has.

https://i.imgur.com/XFSmYvh.mp4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember toribash?

https://i.imgur.com/tZ1fCoc.mp4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Killing Floor's flamethrower class was cool though not necessarily for the flamethrower. The flamethrower was ok but was the standard fps kind. The rest of their weapons were really fun though. As you level that class up the perks change your grenades to incendiary grenades, make the mac10's bullets set things on fire, increase the range of the flamethrower, and there's dlc to get a flare gun revolver you can dual wield and some other dlc that lets you wield a flame cannon.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Kickstarting a Charles Martinet redub of the SMB movie.

And not the new one.

The 1993 version with Bob Hoskins.

That one does not need a Martinet redub at all

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Danny DeVito Mario would be a better choice.

Lots of better choices than Pratt lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Chris Pratt won't be the worst person to play/voice Mario, but they are definitely not going to be anywhere near the best either.

can't wait for the mario movie to try to make toads into the new minions.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
poo poo, we talkin best video game whips???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZwmVdpwO4w

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who is the worst actor/voice actor to portray Mario?

Ron Jeremy?

whoever the VA from Hotel Mario was?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Animation has been all downhill since Ralph Bakshi's Wizards

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

would you believe these are like...not the worst fashion doll designs we have in stock?

I assume that honor goes to either the baby unicorns you feed and shake to make them poo poo out slime for you to play with or the same brand's dress up dolls where the clothes are see-through plastic you fill with poop slime so it's the tim & eric diarrhea pants bit except for their entire outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts! Full disclosure: the oriignal B-K is in my top 10 games of all time and I know that this is... not that. I'm going to try to take the game for what it is and not what it's not

Hope you like jokes about girl gamers not being real gamers :P