Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i like metroidvanias but kinda bounced off of luna nights, basically cus the combat wasn't really fun to me but at the same time each room has a bunch of pretty tanky enemies so you spend a lot of your gameplay time fighting stuff

too late I already bought and finished it!!! Actually I do agree you had to rely on the time powers a little too much for regular enemies and in the final (final) area I found myself just running past some of them but it's a cool gimmick and the bosses were v fun even if I only recognised two of them. Only thing is I found that sword weapon and using it on the last three bosses almost felt like cheating idk

I am kind of curious how much of a difference it makes in the flandre fight if you had spent lots of money at the shop/I never sold any of my gems since none the items seemed worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You should keep playing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah I figured. Just getting to that point from the start going on 5-6 hours and getting "hi, sorry but you need to choose whether to save the world or send niko home and no you can't close the window now" was enough for me for me to call it quits for the night. Not in the right headspace.

I was hoping ending the process was a solution too and I thought I'd gotten one up on the game since it didn't want me closing out at the choice, but that didn't work so I thought "nah gently caress this I'll do this later."

Have you been playing in windowed mode the game does some neat stuff with that

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ErrEff posted:

Jimmy Wales continues his campaign to consolidate the entire internet into one giant wiki. It seems to be going quite well for him since he has friends with tons of money.

I didn't know Jimmy Wales was involved with wikia/fandom

jimmy why are you always begging me for money on wikipedia when you're already making millions from the donkey kong wiki....

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

why are the differences so minor

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I bought the amnesia collection a couple years ago but I keep forgetting to play it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Whizzing Wizard posted:

that's a good whip right there.

The whip from Super Castlevania is pretty good too, and the Kulshedra from Bayonetta. I'm sure there are others, post your favourite in the comment section down below!

there's kof character whip, shown here using her iconic whgun

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it actually doing badly though idk

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

verbal enema posted:

Kids don't give a poo poo about Mario lol

My nephews really like that old mario cartoon and when they saw a video of a New Super Mario Bros hack which replaced bowser with his design from the cartoon they were concerned about how this impacted the mario lore

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Speaking of platformers I beat the klonoa collection today and when I went back to look at the originals for comparison I was shocked to learn they were PS1/2 games and not dreamcast games like I always thought for some reason (an impression that was reinforced when I got to this screen, a clear reference to the sega dreamcast - home of the klonoa series)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

was very moved by this vocal theme in the snowboarding level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY_6jipjKyY

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It is recommended that you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There was a self help app I downloaded once which said the first step to changing your life is to drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up every morning but you have to pay like $100 to find out the rest of the steps

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness is a powerful title

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

audible has hit me with the auto renew 5 months in a row but I haven't bought a single book any recs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think slowbeef worked on a Siren-like called Atama which is out today maybe I'll check it out

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've been replaying yoshi's island today and I am requesting nintendo to bring back the following enemies

this boo design and the boo who uses a blindfold to deal with his crippling shyness

all the shy guys

the ghost enemies that make this face

this thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Idgi, why would blindfolding oneself help with shyness?

He can float towards you even if you're looking at him - it's a powerful strategy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

I remember

getting very :smith: if you eat its friend its bouncing up and down

it's true

https://i.imgur.com/wHnalay.mp4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

october horror chat: are any of the Clock Tower games worth playing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

£210 is steep but i have to admit it looks great

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's a ridge racer type 4 speedrunner who uses that left controller and it looks p satisfying

https://twitch.tv/videos/1481869668

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I heard the Blair Witch one was ok

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Were people asking for a remake of Silent Hill 2

idk the stilted ps2 voice acting is part of the charm

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do they really use pyramid head that much he was only in 1 of the 3 silent hills I've played

and super bomberman r

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

I finished Mirror's Edge, it was far too short and it was frustrating in moments but dammit I want more. I want lots lots more :cry:

That final shot of Faith and Kate as Still Alive drops :discourse:

They released (free?!) DLC courses that all looked like this and they're fun but pretty brutal if you're going for the highest ranks

praying for Mirror's 3dge

e: actually there were other time trials too, these were the "pure time trial" ones they released also they weren't free i lied

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 20, 2022

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would be a quelaag probably

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Wait Arkham Knights is single player only? (Out of the box)

Everything I've seen screamed multiplayer live service game lol

haven't been following Arkham Knights but drat it looks sick

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is common/rare/epic/legendary loot in games borderlands fault or did something else make it popular

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone remember seeing a trailer for some kind of detective game set in ancient egypt or something where you solve murders/there was ace attorney style cross examination and maybe some kind of time gimmick that let you investigate the crime scene

my google searches for "ace attorney style game time travel ancient egypt" are not getting me anywhere

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Depressing Box posted:

Not an exact match, but was it possibly Lucifer Within Us?

Yeah that's it! Thanks, I had some of the details wrong

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

only true pokemon fans can decipher this code...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

thank you Beyonce for doing ads for Rhythm Heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEYpflE1mJk

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have been playing Case of the Golden Idol the last couple hours and it is v good if you want an Obra Dinn-like

i was kind of put off when I saw the screenshots but it looks great when you're actually playing it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The game I will maybe buy this week is signalis which looks like it might be a cool survival horror game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is victoria 3 good for people that are stupid and do not have map game experience except for stellaris asking for a friend

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Origami King is great it was on my goty list whatever year that was

Paper Mario fans get very weird about Miyamoto specifically idk is he really single handedly plotting to shred paper mario

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

wonder what kind of spooky games are on sale for halloween

ahhhh!!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I work really hard for my 2 days in the office so I can chill a bit and watch Limmy on my wfh days.

He's been playing crap games recently tho

Case of the Golden Idol is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think 99% of people probably skipped origins