Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wtf I wasn't getting unread posts on this thread I have 8 pages to read argh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We did the Octoberpath gag last year the state of this thread

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OK hear me out

Croctober Chat Thread

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sorry I sold the naming rights to Fandom

SNU getting that Full Gear VIP package

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
GoW2:

Lmao Dom found his wife :cripes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OH NO MY WIFE IS TRAUMATISED DEFINITELY NO WAY SHE CAN HEAL HER MIND IN TIME NO WELP GUESS I'MMA HAVE TO MURDER HER

Dude gets no loving sympathy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
More like Best Not Buy am I right

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
GoW2:

I rode a reaver :black101:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Beyond Good and Evil 2 just became a world record holder. It's now the game to officially have the longest development period ever :confuoot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

my clownsona is Rarity

No you're meant to be more cool than your clownsona

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tune in at 10/07 1:05 EST as well for the announcement of a 12 month delay while they rerecord all of Chris Pratt's dialogue

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shouldn't they finish CP2077 first? :smug:

Also can't be said often enough, gently caress ActiBlizz

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't even know who any of those people are

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Harrow posted:

battleborn

:dafuq:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm quickly nearing the end of GoW2, the game is now throwing wave after wave of the biggest baddest enemies at me but I have learned and I have grown and I am a big muscle man that gives not one gently caress. Half the time I don't even stay in cover any more, I just grab my gun and start shooting :blastu:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And I've beaten Gears of War 2 :neckbeard: I love that the final level of the game drops any bullshit and is just a celebration for the player as you get to ride an indestructible monster blowing all the bastard enemies to poo poo then tops it off with an unloseable final boss big boom. That's how all of these dumb fun action games should end.

Anyway I'm now going from unquestionably massacring a dehumanised opposition in the name of a fascist coded military to something completely different... Call of Duty: World at War!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Call of Duty pwns

I played the first level and yep it's a Call of Duty game. The Pacific theatre is a bit of a fresh setting at least?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Whizzing Wizard posted:

is that the one were Kiefer Sutherland screams at you?

I thought that was who that was!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

No I believe that was BlOps 4

He's in both apparently

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No time for reading I'm too busy posting :russo:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
World at War:

The first Stalingrad level is loving bleak, drat.

Also wtf I thought this game was the Pacific but I guess it's not called Ocean at War...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't know how anyone is meant to remember these characters between games. They're all completely interchangeable with zero defining characteristics

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

One of them has a mustache?

Might as well be the same person

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

One of them I'd clearly evil tho

Yeah, Jay Rust

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/Gameonysus/status/1577813290918416385

:chloe:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah it looked like your typical quippy action comedy but Chris Pratt yikes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Every day brings us one step closer :pray:

I said come in! posted:

Realistically only a tiny number of people are going to see through this. The rest will go into the theater because Chris Pratt is voicing Mario.

People are going to go to the cinema because it's Mario, the Chris Pratt is unnecessary

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Eorzea... I just want to go back... :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyway speaking of video games last night I did the mortar pit/flamethrower mission in World at War and it was a total dick. An entire mission of schlepping through trenches while Japanese soldiers constantly pelt you from the trees. I died to grenades so many times

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Quiet is the best character, she's so hot, and doesn't talk!!

1960 called it wants its post back

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ymgve posted:

d-dog best companion

Unless you're Veeg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mario needs to get that BBL

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
World at War:

I really appreciate how this game presents the taking of Berlin as not a heroic arrival to throw off the oppressor's yoke but instead a grim massacre where innocents forced into combat are slaughtered. Though I bet they'd never have done that if the PC wasn't Russian

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The original COD also had a grim Russian campaign to take Berlin, it drew a lot upon the film Enemy at the Gates for its aesthetic.

It's been a while since I've played a COD, maybe I'll rent this new Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

I did play the original COD years ago but I only really remember the Russian mission where you don't start with a gun and the gang of Polish tank lads

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

I am staying at a small beach side town this weekend that looks like Silent Hill. It is super foggy and a air raid siren just went off lmao. RIP me.

They look like monsters to you?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
World at War:

gently caress the taking the Reichstag mission ughhhhh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finished CoD: World at War! The final mission was a fun romp through the Reichstag ending with proudly planting the Russian flag on its roof. Overall I'd say this is probably the best of the WW2 CoDs. Even though the previous games had already mined all the most famous bits this still managed to have some great set pieces (I loved the airplane mission), there was fantastic use of music stings throughout and I really respect that they carried on Modern Warfare's anti-war messaging which is long gone from the franchise at this point. I'm just going to take a quick blast at the Zombies mode to see why its become such a big thing and then it's on to my next game which is...

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts! Full disclosure: the oriignal B-K is in my top 10 games of all time and I know that this is... not that. I'm going to try to take the game for what it is and not what it's not

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OH MY GOD BANJO GOT SOME PUDGE THIS IS ADORABLE

FirstAidKite posted:

Hope you like jokes about girl gamers not being real gamers :P

No I do not :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I ran over a pig and he told me to watch it cause his relatives were cops :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm really digging it so far. The classic B-K tone is dead on and I like how exploration is still a major factor. That was always the best part of the original game, just seeing a landmark and climbing all over it to see what was going on.