Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lol I don't get why but gamepass keeps letting me resubscribe for a dollar a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It didn’t work the first time I tried resubbing. I did the three month pc game pass trial, and when that was up it wanted me pay the full amount to renew. A while later I realized there was a separate trial for gp ultimate, and after that was up it let me renew pc gamepass for a dollar, two months in a row now.

I don’t know if doing the ultimate trial mattered, or if it’s just random.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

One of my favorite Ratchet and Clank weapons, the Plasma Whip

(my memory might be failing me, but I think it looked better in the PS2 original, this is the PS3 remaster emulated. the porting team were a little sloppy with some of the graphical details. could also be that the effect looked better at lower res.)

It's the thing that made me acutely aware of frame rate before I even knew what it was, because the whip would almost always bring down the fps to 30.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I was featured in Sakurai's latest video:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Harrow posted:

I thought the Playstation could do that on the system level, or at least you could on PS4.

Did they remove it from PS5 so they could sell it back to you with a new controller?

I think you can only swap buttons, but I haven’t checked recently.

Basic dead zone settings would also go a long way towards mitigating drift. But nah let’s make e-waste.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Not my cup of tea regardless, but I didn't realize things got so bad that vtubers are straight up verboten in adtrw

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Just finished the Mad Max game and it has to be one of the grimmest post-apocalypse in pop-culture. There's no food except for canned food and maggots you can find on corpses, there's no society left except for people lucky enough to live in scattered strongholds, no water except for the morning dew. The only thing that's plentiful is oil. The game really does portray the last days of humanity.

For me it didn't hit that hard because of how stilted a world becomes when every locations is clearly demarcated and each comes with a checklist of nearby items. That always breaks my immersion. The environment is reduced to window dressing for chasing icons.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Each to us own I guess. I just found the general vibe of the game really oppressive, especially in Gastown which is covered in garbage and oil with a huge refiner constantly pumping out black smoke. Max is basically in hell and there's no escape.

And they doubled down on that in the story. Not a happy ending.

Regardless of any issues I had with it, it's such a beautiful game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just saw this ad on YouTube and... what? Why did they write ad copy that sounds like those weird mobile games, and also fake a mobile game interface

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a30p0gXg4Oo

maybe that style is actually effective. or it's cynically ironic advertising, as your head scratching has just further spread the ad. but yeah, lol.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Somehow I've never heard of this. I think I might have seen the logo at one point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpeJfx5qVfk

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I did Asylum semi-recently and it still holds up well. All the bosses, other than Ivy, being just "Charge me into the wall to beat me" is basically the only low point.
Played a little bit of Knight as well, and I still really like it. I'm the weirdo that loves the Batmobile tank battles.

Honestly replaying the trilogy is something I want to get around to again.

I'm not holding my breath on Suicide Squad now

It's not a great series.

I would honestly recommend Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still if you want something more 'Final Fantasy' like

Here's a taster to get you in the mood. If you like FF7 you'll like Giant Robo
:siren: Epilepsy warning :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgmhLFB8X8

If you want The FF Unlimited Gun But Better watch Outlaw Star

Giant Robo is good yeah, I watched it ten or so years ago.

Outlaw Star I’ll eventually get to. I checked it out some time after seeing Cowboy Bebop, hungry for more, and was disappointed by it not being as grounded. Not a fair comparison, so I’ll give it a fair shake some day.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The Vita lives on (in our hearts)

Game looks great for a PS3 title. Style and art direction go a long way.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Is that a visual novel reader stance on the Vita man?

in motion it looks like he might be stroking the back touch pad

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Except for the anime tropes, Yosuke was archetypal of my 00s classmates. I had a lot of people picking on me cause they thought I was gay.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is it worth fretting over missing the Royal additions to P5?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

They go to school on Saturdays in P5?

Also did Kamoshida forget he was gonna expel us?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Very excited to get back to Legend of Zelda Wind Waker tomorrow. It is wild to me that there were only 2 years between Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Though as of right now, it does feel like the next evolutionary step of a 3D Zelda game.

Dev cycles used to be nuts.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

yeah its art is timeless. twilight princess didn't age as well.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Looper posted:

hd was a mistake

Square Enix warned us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010