Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

A nation of gamers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I have obtained a steam dreck

Congrats, wish I could get one. By all accounts a rad device.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Jimmy Wales continues his campaign to consolidate the entire internet into one giant wiki. It seems to be going quite well for him since he has friends with tons of money.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The six-year period only "begins" when the first game in this new trilogy is out based on how they phrase it, so it's more like 9-10 years for all three games. Plus they're planning them all in advance, so once the first part is out they'll probably already have the other two in some form of pre-production and (hopefully) won't have to reinvent content production pipelines and technology each time. At least, that's what I assume is the plan here. Still, this is some large scale stuff they're talking about (plus they're working with Epic).

The next game has no date yet, so it is far, far away from being finished.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

haveblue posted:

Well, in Arkham City the fight with Mr. Freeze was a complex and creative exercise in testing mastery of the game's tactical options, and in Gotham Knights the fight with Mr. Freeze is punching him a lot while avoiding his telegraphed area attacks, so you tell me

Also the intended design is probably to do that Mr. Freeze fight many, many times at different world tiers or however they're doing the live-service RPG aspect of the game, so that he keeps dropping appropriate loot for you

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The dream of Garfield 64 is finally real.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah okay, I'd go see a Hotel Dusk movie.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

lol, that Gotham Knights ad. How bizarre - I guess whoever designed that thing is convinced the fake mobile game ad style is the most effective way of communicating something to people.

All it needed was the talking guy pretending to have "finally found a new game that isn't like those other fake games" and it would've been a complete recreation.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

This is Modern Warfare II, not Modern Warfare 2.

So... the second Modern Warfare sequel, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

haveblue posted:

It's fine to want to be surprised by a media but treating promo material released by the creator as spoilers is a bit silly. If you don't trust them to not to hurt the work in the process of announcing it and convincing you to check it out, why do you trust that they did a good job on the parts they aren't telling you about

The creator of the work isn't necessarily the one doing the promotional material. Yes, depends on how you define creator and all that, of course.