Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

vame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

wuggles posted:

Happy birthday month to forums poster ms unsmiley.

I will continue spending 80% of my free time this month playing the Digimon TCG, 10% Magic Arena, and 10% Splatoon 3

:toot:

i played a bunch of games for the nintendo wii with my friend last night :)

we played mario kart and resident evil umbrellas chronicles and it was great fun after we spent an hour getting the tv setup at a proper distance so we could play from the couch :D

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CKjNcSUNt8

rox
Sep 7, 2016

exclusive footage of me trying to set up the sensor bar

rox
Sep 7, 2016

just finished watching the vod of jerma playing simpsons hit n run in one sitting, and good lord the last like, two hours , is one of the most gruelling emotional rollercosters ive ever seen a human being experience

rox
Sep 7, 2016

jerma spoilers: after having the game crash for a second time , he loses 5 missions worth of progress during the final mission, and then has to use the mod he's using to skip back to it. this is still 2 hours from the end.

he makes it to the final tractor beam with granpa and the toxic waste, and he gets busted in the beam with 4 seconds left and the game drops him off facing a wall and he fails

rox
Sep 7, 2016

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i cant wait to play pokémon!!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

whys that

rox
Sep 7, 2016

mods?!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

its the only silent hill game i started that i never finished

dont remember why tbh, should probably go back some time, but my ps3 died :<

rox
Sep 7, 2016

hmm thats a tad extreme

rox
Sep 7, 2016

standing gamer stance

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i loved my wiiu :3

switch ftw

rox
Sep 7, 2016

making fun of something doesnt inherently mean you dont want it to be better

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Stux posted:

i mean it doesnt inherently lose money. i wouldnt say theyre floundering either, their console is selling fine, and regarldless of how funny it is im sure w the pc ports included theyre doing well off the titles theyre releasing/remaking/porting, even if theyre currently probably down coming off the back of covid lockdown money. what it does is change how they make money and what their aims are, and that is generally making less games and making the ones they do make more and more risk free. this is an overall loss for gaming. it is not a benefit to games as a form of media for there to be less games made and for them to be more infected with horrible monetization and game design choices to ensure theyre a more profitable and consumable product. it is not a benefit to games as a form of media for a major platform holder and publisher to nuke a huge portion of their studios and staff because what they make is too risky and not mass marketable.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

so youre saying that the playstation 4, the console that i already own and can still purchase, has plenty of games on it that i dont need a playstation 5 to play

how does this counter the argument of the playstation 5 having a paltry amount of exclusive games exactly?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Kerrzhe posted:

another day, another dan

i had to lose 6 times in a row first and get demoted all the way to the bottom BUT i won like 5 or 6 in a row after that and got higher than i was previously :toot:

it seems like just playing around in training mode during the weekdays and then doing ranked for a bit on the weekends is paying off. i'm certainly enjoying myself!

hell yeah :cheers:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Metis of the Hallway posted:

well, I think we'll all be happy with this compromise

im

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lmao oh my god

rox
Sep 7, 2016

love 2 stim by blowing people away

rox
Sep 7, 2016

im not outraged, i find it very funny

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Vermain posted:

yeah it's hilarious, like they couldn't be worse at this if they made her get stunned for 5s whenever she sees a train

lol

rox
Sep 7, 2016

where vg when we need him most u_u

rox
Sep 7, 2016

chekov's choccy

rox
Sep 7, 2016

haveblue posted:

some gamers enjoying a nice tall glass of milk

lol

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Hwurmp posted:

are there any good games about milk

paging stux

rox
Sep 7, 2016

also theres nothing wrogn with being autistic

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Walla posted:

Your bil sounds pretty cool.

I agree. Several members of my family are. Sometimes I think my son and I may be, there's too many similar indicators between autism and adhd to be completely sure.

im autistic and i have adhd lol

its an interesting combo for sure

rox
Sep 7, 2016

if you like either of these two, this will be fun at least

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Mode 7 posted:

Hey thread, it's been a while. I hope you're all well.

I need a new avatar after losing a bet -- suggestions welcome.

wb :cheers:

mutata posted:

Wish I could say I was doing well. Hope y'all are though.

stay safe out there, hope things turn around real soon <3

rox
Sep 7, 2016

mutata posted:

I genuinely appreciate that, but I'm mostly just incredibly embarrassed and apparently dealing with other stuff EXTREMELY poorly. I'm just starting stupid fights with people who are minding their own business and I'm not sure why. I think I need to take a break. I dunno.

Didn't mean to import drama. Sorry.

:glomp:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i like to play binding of isaac and listen to a podcast or watch some youtube videos, as a comfort game.

i used to do that all the time too :o

maybe i should get back into it, i put so many hours into the original and then rebirth when it came out...havent played in a million years tho

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Mode 7 posted:

The music definitely makes it but it's still pretty rad.
I used to have the Castlevania spinning room sped up to a nauseating degree and was contemplating reverting to that.

I think this has given me an idea for a new avatar though!

heck yeah

actraiser ftw even if thats not what u end up goin with

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Lavatein posted:

Contest is over. I *just* squeaked through in the first round and then I got eliminated by the eventual winner. A few people got some perfect scores on some very hard songs which was amazing to see in person. It was a great time and I'm going to practice twice as hard so I can do even better next year :D

hey congrats :cheers:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Infinitum posted:

Kickstarting a Charles Martinet redub of the SMB movie.

And not the new one.

The 1993 version with Bob Hoskins.

you leave mr hoskins alone ☹️

rox
Sep 7, 2016

thats cute :3

rox
Sep 7, 2016

verbal enema posted:

Jerma should have been mario

rox
Sep 7, 2016

new displaced gamers vid finishing off the tmnt trilogy of vids. this ones about input lag and possible redesign ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6E8YmQUkdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

Has a funko pop ever been possessed by a malevolent ghost?