Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Looper posted:

happy spooky games month. it's time to play resident evil 1 for the first time

Kinda jealous ngl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Infinitum posted:

Does this mean Giantbomb will get more or less poo poo? :thunk:

its been getting poo poo for about 5 years now so id expect the trend to continue

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Walla posted:

Reviews are poo poo. Play what interests you.

Wow till I die it is

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Walla posted:

If that's fun for you, go for it! I'm looking forward to the new Fire Emblem myself. It's going to be a nice birthday present. :)

Fun, hmm, it's more of a comfort blanket. Fun would be finally playing bayonetta 2

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The only experience I have is finally being able to play Tokyo Jungle with a ps now free trial and immediately cancelling it after I was done lol

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I did really like World at War because I'm a sicko for bolt action and semi-auto rifles in video games

And flamethrowers

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

Somehow flamethrowers often suck @$$ in fps games. Maybe that’s realistic though

Um please???? Pyro best tf2 class

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

I just did the shadowbringers 5.3 trial and there was like no joke 3 hours of cutscenes after

This is why wow is the superior mmorpg. 2 minute cut scene at the start and then you can just play

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gripweed posted:

Wow, there’s so little between you and bad gameplay!

I didn't say anything about good or bad

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Infinitum posted:

Started Yakuza 3

..HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?! :stare:

*block block block block*

6 hours of nursery maintenance

*block block block block*

*16 health bars per boss*

*more blocking*

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
the one time i drank dr pepper was also the first time i had a spicy pepperami and the combination made me instantly spew

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i've never tasted an energy drink i enjoyed, original green Monster is just so chemically, yuch

I am slowly becoming addicted to cold coffee tho

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
irn bru is the best drink, there are others which are very nice but i'd give them all up for that sweet orange tang

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
milkshakes and hot chocolates are a gamble, the quality variance is too big

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

AceOfFlames posted:

I got the original Mirror's Edge free with a package of Gillette razor cartridges. Seriously.

lmao thats brilliant

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
its a perfect time of year for some dead by daylight

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
A friend of mine explained once that his old workmate, who owned every single color of warhammer paint incidentally had some beardy Magic army consisting of flying undead angels who couldn't be hit and whenever they somehow died instantly respawned 3 more

i dont know how accurate my memory of that conversation is but it sure sounded cool

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

RBA Starblade posted:

Don't worry, it'll come back eventually

:bravo:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think metal gear solid is super cool and whenever people mention these obscure anime games that have like 30 reviews on steam I can't help but think "yeah but mgs was anime and cool and even my friend Kevin who only played fps and driving games loved it"

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I tried to play both dead space 1 and mass effect last night and both were just a bit too dated to click with me

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember watching the Horatio Hornblower series on TV, there was an episode about the Napoleonic Wars called "The Frogs and the Lobsters" (n.b. I am not calling anyone either of those)

I'd take either tbh

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

you need to add at least one embarrassing anime game to your collection to call yourself a gamer

octopath traveller is right there dude

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

I finished Mirror's Edge, it was far too short and it was frustrating in moments but dammit I want more. I want lots lots more :cry:

That final shot of Faith and Kate as Still Alive drops :discourse:

oo i noticed this on gamepass and i've always been slightly intrigued by the thought of a first person parkour style game

lord knows why i never bought it on 360, it seemed to be one of those games you'd see half a dozen copies in CEX usually about a fiver each

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
City was a step down from Arkham, game just didn't need an Open World

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
ive seen a lot of videogame opinions on the internet i strongly disagreed with but they were all topped by my irl friend who said the scarecrow segments were the worst bit of arkham asylum

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

hatty posted:

are we posting dumb things no one cares about?

#GuessTheGame #159

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

https://guessthe.game/

this little game actually rules and i say that as a daily multiple heardle consumer

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

WaltherFeng posted:

I tried the Onimusha remaster and I was really liking it until I found that there's puzzles that kill you.

This is like more sadistic RE.

are you talking about the moving puzzles water closet puzzle because i literally put down onimusha for years because of that one

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I bought some pizza rolls. Should I cook them in the conventional oven

air fryer 100%

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
remember if we didn't have CRJ we wouldn't have had this star wars parody banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM7i84BThE

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

class

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm not always in love with my switch but when it's letting me watch YouTube on a hotel TV while in bed before gearing up for some bayonetta it's hard to beat

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm away on holiday and I've just drank the first 2 pints I've had since going to a dota tournament 3 and a half years ago and it's went right to my head.

Gonna smoke a joint and play bayonetta 2 on my nintendo switch. Let's go

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm gonna get so into dwarf fortress when it hits steam

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The castlevania anime had great action scenes and slow, plodding dialogue scenes

Not unlike Black Adam

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

FirstAidKite posted:

Sterling's good actually

Very good at producing 10 to 20 minute long videos where theatrical rage about a video game topic is played out like a pantomime villain, yes.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Sausage party is one of like 3 films I've switched off half way through along with Pixels and something I can't remember. It's loving awful

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
That's a kinda depressing first youtube comment

In summary: technology isn't the limiting factor anymore, it's developer laziness

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I work really hard for my 2 days in the office so I can chill a bit and watch Limmy on my wfh days.

He's been playing crap games recently tho

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
La dolce vita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Eyes Only posted:

Drunk post: why is it the year 2022 and the first thing i have to do for every game I install on PC is set music and ambient volume to 15%? When are these loving nerds going to learn that I don't want my eardrums blown our by your garbage rear end music.

Like in my 30-something years on this earth, the only games that have ever had pleasurable music were need for speed underground and Celeste. If you're not in the 2 out of 250 maybe have some humility and realize I don't want your trash music overpowering every other sound.

Also motion blur, film grain, depth of field, head bob, and chromatic aberration. I know unreal and unity or whatever make these easy to implement, but don't enable them by default on a goddamn first person shooter you loving goobers. My eyes are not a loving camera.

as someone who occasionally streams games and also plays them over the top of discord audio I understand your complaint but i have to admit i take some kind of nerd tweaker joy out of balancing the audio levels for things