Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

please have a meltdown about the artstyle to better fit in with thread culture

it looks good imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I banish all jerma posting to the online creators thread and may god have mercy on your soul

May 8, 2006

stux coming out swinging against prisoner reentry, unsurprising really

May 8, 2006

it was broken and played like trash from the start but if they put some nominal effort into fixing bugs then there's enough unique elements to it that I can see it just carrying a stable population for quite a while. for what it is a smaller player base might work out better bc the average player has more chance to interact with the territory control/clan stuff but I don't know what the day-to-day looks like for a new world player.

May 8, 2006

nah

I've been thinking about the monkey island games after having finished return and I think I'm due for a full revisit. I know the common consensus is that escape is the worst but I'm not so sure tales is going to hold up so well - I liked a few of the telltale games at the time but even they could often feel kind of cheap and very constrained by having to be episodic.

May 8, 2006

Harrow posted:

The last time they remastered a game from just one console generation prior it was The Last of Us (lol) and at least in that case the game ran pretty poorly on the PS3 and could actually hit 1080p and 60fps on the PS4, so it was a marked upgrade.

Horizon Zero Dawn can already be played at 4k and 60fps on the PS5. What's a remaster going to add? Marginally better lighting? The weird hair physics from Forbidden West?

it is going to add the ability for the many gamers who feel games like HFD and TLOU are the pinnacle of gameplay and story telling to enjoy their favorite part of games(anticipating the release) without the downside of the game in question maybe not being something they end up liking.

May 8, 2006

haha what posted:

i loved my wiiu :3

switch ftw

May 8, 2006

i might just be old bc when i played the ps5 ratchet and clank there were sections that the clutter/lighting just made it too hard to tell what i was actually looking at

May 8, 2006

you should limit your gilk intake

May 8, 2006

i'm going to have loaded baked potatoes for dinner

May 8, 2006

my clownsona is Rarity

May 8, 2006

with tons of patches cyberpunk works better but is still largely dull, broken up by mediocre facsimiles of deus ex missions. the Witcher 3 is good but traditionally a lot of it's problems(often pointless open world and combat that gets olds well before the game is over) get glossed over. I don't have a lot of faith they can handle even one more giant open world rpg much less several.

May 8, 2006

I hope we don't have to worry about post scarcity because I'm definitely used to wasting them

May 8, 2006

May 8, 2006

charles martinet is in the movie, he voices chris pratt's body in the real world with the mario voice after playing NES in a freak storm causes them to swap bodies

May 8, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/VG247/status/1579912719611793408?s=20&t=4_B5sYmx5ktmacHdu4L5Gw

Feels like we're not far from loot boxes making a big comeback because the alternatives are so poorly designed

why would they bother? this requires them to give even less and doesn't meaningfully stop gamers from gobbling it up. plus the battlepass puts the 'i'm gonna waste it if i don't play more' cloud over your head. you don't have to look far to find people saying keeping up with it only takes a few hours a day.

May 8, 2006

i told you it would happen someday

May 8, 2006

star ocean 2 is good but I refuse to defend the series bc they won't put it in the switch like they did 1

May 8, 2006

Arzaac posted:

Actually while we're at it how does everyone feel about pineapple on pizza

I like it, I feel like the acid really cuts through the grease

it's good but it works better paired with pepperoni instead of the usual ham

May 8, 2006

hatty posted:

Anyone playing an spooky games this month? I'm just doing my usual castlevania playthroughs

i've been slowly plugging through fatal frame, might do the sequels also. hellnight, the excavation of hob's barrow, darkwood, shadow tower abyss(only sorta counts), rule of rose, siren(maybe 2?,) and haunting ground are on the list too if i get the motivation.

May 8, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Take my advice, if you play Siren use a guide, it's a frustrating and impenetrable game that's made slightly less so if you at least know what you're supposed to be doing.

2 at least is fine without though.

yeah, I had figured this was a good idea - I owned siren when it was current and did not make a lot of progress despite finding it fascinating

May 8, 2006

you're really more like my ff7 palmer

May 8, 2006

guess we got a new atelier expert around these parts

May 8, 2006

can't even do spinning bird kick in the metaverse

May 8, 2006

having played a little bit of the darktide beta this morning it seems like a real 'wait for a few months of patches' contender

May 8, 2006

The Excavation of Hob's Barrow is good. It's on the easier side for an adventure game but I think the folk horror stuff works pretty well.

Fatal Frame holds up decently imo. I'm generally sympathetic to the idea the survival horror can be amplified by clunkier controls and enemies that sometimes feel mismatched to them a little but FF doesn't quiet get it right every time. Several of the later game ghosts end up being more annoying than tense or scary.

Please have a nice rest of your Sunday.

May 8, 2006

wind waker rules. immaculate vibes and probably the best final boss fight in the series

May 8, 2006

200$ and doesn't even come with a vmu I can keep my chao in

May 8, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I don't condone choking your couch co-op buddy with a controller but the boomerang controller would be really good at choking your couch co-op buddy if the need arises (like if they used up a health kit you really needed)

some co-op buddies of mine who shall remain nameless took a pizza i wanted in the ninja turtles game and for this should be in the hague

May 8, 2006

Planning the route I'm gonna take from the safe room to my next goal while deciding how to use my very limited inventory slots is gaming bliss

May 8, 2006

the best outcome for bloober team sh2 is getting something like the demons souls remake: technically competent and flashier but with the soul of the original hollowed out. the more likely outcome is something that just sucks but we all get to enjoy another moment like the one clip of jerma playing layers of fear

May 8, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

It is extremely funny that not only did the NTWEWY Steam release get shadowdropped with little notification, it got shadowdropped like a day before P5 comes out on Steam.

Committed to making this game fail three times.

it's a shame because neotwewy owns. i haven't played royal but i'd put it above normal P5 for sure.

May 8, 2006

'a move to over-the-shoulder camera' is really all you need to hear to know that they won't get this right

May 8, 2006

haha what posted:

if only VirtualCinema had caught on too

pinging the mods to make this your av

May 8, 2006

haha what posted:

oh my god shut upppp

e: directed at u, rarity

May 8, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Who gets to play Batman and who gets stuck with Batman Jr is going to be very illustrative of you and your friend's dynamics

the biggest test since deciding who had to carry the bucket in FF crystal chronicles

May 8, 2006

Looper posted:

metal max 3 gives every boss at least two rare drops and they vary from completely useless joke item to the best tank engine in the game 🫠

that says I'm not going for any of them. what will be, will be

how are you liking this, should i slap it onto my hacked 3ds

May 8, 2006

i think the link between worlds version of the dark world theme is good

May 8, 2006

the levels of clothing damage possible with modern technology will make your head spin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

i played spirit island yesterday and someone played the card where you stick an extra map piece to the board mid-game which was pretty fun