Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

If we're so great how come we don't have a bus service? Why does my town not have a single doctors office or clinic? Ohh you mean Vancouver! Yeah the coast is really nice, great food.

I assume 99% of vancouver residents are living off trust funds because how the gently caress else could you possibly afford to live there. good food, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I lived there for 11 years by having roommates well into my 30s and being smart with money.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Isn't the Canadian flag a protest hate symbol these days

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Methanar posted:

Yeah,. We do try to imitate the USA quite a bit

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

Hahaha, classic Canada. Nice one.

Real talk, I loving hate the CBC for this poo poo. Canada always be crying "We don't get our culture out there :smith:" But if I try to share some of our hilarity to non Canadians they can't loving watch it because it's blocked outside of Canada. What the gently caress?

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Methanar posted:

Show us on this court provided doll where Canada touched you.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Jailbrekr posted:

Yeah I've been thinking that this goon asked Canada out on a date and got turned down. Even Canada who is the "nice" country turned the goon down, now they're all like trying to talk some incel poo poo or something.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Engage the ex-pat energy vampire at your own risk. I had sincerely hoped leaving Canada would reduce his misery but I guess not.

Edit: I think he lived in Alberta so please try to have some empathy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah I've been thinking that this goon asked Canada out on a date and got turned down. Even Canada who is the "nice" country turned the goon down, now they're all like trying to talk some incel poo poo or something.

His girlfriend’s Canada, you wouldn’t know her.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

wesleywillis posted:

Canada is a country that is pretty good, but has also done some awful poo poo. Its a land of contrasts. I like living here and like my flag, but I hate those freedom cunts. gently caress them.

Also gently caress hockey and gently caress Tim Hortons.

I was only checking this thread to see if there were any any Canada specific swearing allowed.
Question answered

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Letter Kenny tells me "hockey player" is a pejorative term.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

His girlfriend’s Canada, you wouldn’t know her.

Bro, according to that goon, Canada is so lame it ain't never even had a girlfriend!!!!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

run on sentience posted:

Engage the ex-pat energy vampire at your own risk. I had sincerely hoped leaving Canada would reduce his misery but I guess not.

Edit: I think he lived in Alberta so please try to have some empathy.

What's an expat energy vampire?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Methanar posted:

Unironically yes.

It would be nice to afford a house around here one day, but I missed the boat after my divorce and the only way it'll probably happen now is if Canada has it's own housing collapse.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Not Canadian but most of the Canadians in my area are pretty chill so thanks for that.
Just remember to drive in MPH when you're down here, and that service workers unfortunately get paid pretty much entirely through tips in the land of the free.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Unironically yes.

It would be nice to afford a house around here one day, but I missed the boat after my divorce and the only way it'll probably happen now is if Canada has it's own housing collapse.

:pray:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

I assume 99% of vancouver residents are living off trust funds because how the gently caress else could you possibly afford to live there. good food, though!

Rent controls, my landlord being super rich, out of the country, and not remembering to increase the rent when they could have.

Just got my first one in 3 or 4 years.

I eat total cheap garbage food and do my own healthcare. It's obviously not sustainable and I'll need to leave sooner or later.

The hosed up thing, even if I look way north, it's still pretty hosed.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

mudskipp posted:

I was only checking this thread to see if there were any any Canada specific swearing allowed.
Question answered

Merde tete is pretty useful. Might you into a fight.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Drinking game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_1gnGXJiX4

Take a drink for every "ewt" sound you hear, (i.e., "abewt").

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The high water mark for my patriotism was watching Rita McNeil sing Workin Man while harvesting weed at gunpoint

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING

The Butcher posted:

Rent controls, my landlord being super rich, out of the country, and not remembering to increase the rent when they could have.

Just got my first one in 3 or 4 years.

I eat total cheap garbage food and do my own healthcare. It's obviously not sustainable and I'll need to leave sooner or later.

The hosed up thing, even if I look way north, it's still pretty hosed.

Kelowna area is pretty good right now. My sister sold in MR and bought up there, free and clear. You just need to get that down payment together so you can join the party.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Jailbrekr posted:

Kelowna area is pretty good right now. My sister sold in MR and bought up there, free and clear. You just need to get that down payment together so you can join the party.

I like trees though.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002

The Butcher posted:

I like trees though.

100 mile House and the surrounding area is relatively cheap, and has lots of trees. It also has lots of high functioning drug addicts who are sliding their way towards Hastings Street.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Charles Bukowski posted:

The high water mark for my patriotism was watching Rita McNeil sing Workin Man while harvesting weed at gunpoint

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
HARPER
:^)
PUCAPAB

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Jailbrekr posted:

Edmonton.
I have also had the displeasure of living there while depressed.
Ffuck minus 40.
Around 20 years ago, I lived in North Van on student loans. Don't think it would be a wise choice today. Barely made it work then.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Mr Teatime posted:

My partner is Canadian so I get spend a lot of time in Canada. Unfortunately the part of Canada is Calgary Alberta. :heritage:

Calgary seems to attract a lot of chuds yeah, but Edmonton is aight. By 'Berta standards anyways.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i will say that skytrain is a very nice transit system that I legally cannot disparage.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
edmonton sucks rear end but at least there's like kinda stuff to do here, small town canada is the most boring place imaginable and dont you dare be native or gay!!!!

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Canada is ok. My anger is usually my disappointment in it.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Million Ghosts posted:

edmonton sucks rear end but at least there's like kinda stuff to do here, small town canada is the most boring place imaginable and dont you dare be native or gay!!!!

Looks like you've been to the town I grew up in. Buncha folks real proud of being "Texas North".

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Canada sucks lol
(Im canadian)

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
I grew up in Toronto, but now I live in New Hampshire, and like to piss off my chud neighbours every July 1st.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

DamnCanadian posted:

I grew up in Toronto, but now I live in New Hampshire, and like to piss off my chud neighbours every July 1st.

you should fly an american flag underneath it

i've wanted to do that for a while but with a corporate logo. like i'd have the mcdonalds arch on top and then the american flag underneath and all the flag fuckers could get mad about it

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Lucky for you, the Canadian flag is now seen as a right-wing hate symbol thanks to the kkkonvoy.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

DamnCanadian posted:

Why are you hanging the symbol of an evil colonial empire that destroyed the original first nations of north america.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

Hipster Occultist posted:

Calgary seems to attract a lot of chuds yeah, but Edmonton is aight. By 'Berta standards anyways.

Banff and Canmore are the least Alberta places in Alberta there is. BC should annex them, really

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

MettleRamiel posted:

Banff and Canmore are the least Alberta places in Alberta there is. BC should annex them, really

Canmore is absolutely chock-full of rich chuds.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Tim's started going downhill when it started selling fries and git rid of their chicken noodle soup.

Also I hope you enjoy paying 200% shipping costs when you buy anything from the US. I wanted to buy some t-shirts, while the shirts came to 80bux the shipping was nearly 200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
it was a humid one today!