Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

iwentdoodie posted:

Wife and I did it last year. I made the masks and everything.

Krampus will probably get used this year, if we have power back by then.

They are very, very good! You have some skills there my good goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Legacy of Python still trumps Graham.

This doesn’t excuse Cleese. It just recognizes his contributions to comedy and my love of python.

Go after Ricky Gervis. I’ve had to watch some much of his cringe comedy trash like The Office over the years with my wife. Miserable depressing poo poo…which is probably fair being that it’s England.

I can take the slagging of the English, we probably deserve it, however I need to point out you fucks not only voted DONALD TRUMP for President, you are probably going to do it again.
Glass houses, stones etc.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

maffew buildings posted:

lmao you have a monarchy and your country shut down when the old lady died and your national currency you're stuck with due to bailing on the EU crashed, tell us what we're doing wrong, I'm sure you've got a long list or are you too busy lamenting the chip shops shutting down due to electricity prices

See your kids school on TV!

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I don't think either the US or the UK is going to low-ball the other in the game of Stupidity Poker. We're both circling the drain for largely the same reasons in the big picture.

Yeah this. I'm stopping now.

Also in defence of the people who voted for Brexit, even the hard liners are probably realising it was not the greatest idea we ever had. I think if Labour actually grew a set and came out and said that they would see about getting back into Eur.... Who am I loving kidding.

Burt fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 14, 2022

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

golden bubble posted:

A reminder that unlike the US, where anyone who checks the R or D box can be considered a party member, UK parties generally only consider active members as party members. We are talking about people willing to give regular donations and show up to at least local meetings. Only about 2% of the voters are members of a UK party. These are the people who elected BoJo and Jeremy Corbyn. Think of them as the people who have shown up for at least 10 primaries in a row in the US system.

Yeah you are only a party member if you join and pay a subscription. There's currently zero chance of a general election as Labour is 30+ points in the lead in opinion polls and if the Tories called an election now they would be out off office for 8 years minimum and with the probability they wouldn't even be the opposition party, the Lib-Dems would hoover up a massive number of Tory seats. It really is car crash TV, it's just a pity I am sat in the back seat of that car.