Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

The last time neither Texas nor OU were ranked heading into the shootout was in 1998. This should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Vandy was good in between Cutler and Franklin?

If finishing 7-6 with a bowl victory for the first time in 53 years counts, yes.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DuckHuntDog posted:

The last time neither Texas nor OU were ranked heading into the shootout was in 1998. This should be fun.

Texas was 31 in the coaches' poll last week; I'll bet you they sneak in tomorrow.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Big fan of our team this year, they seem gritty as hell. Verse NCST we were pretty much running 4 true freshman in our secondary because of transfers and injuries and they stepped up. DJ Uiagalelei is playing like great as well.

All the blue bloods look vulnerable, could be an exciting year.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

N: Georgia 26, Missouri 22

V: oh no were speedrunning 2014 FSU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Went to the zoo instead of watching the Michigan State game. Looking forward to watching any game but theirs next week.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
biggest news for wvu

https://twitter.com/bhertzel/status/1576425896378236928?s=20&t=RrXKSPJs_-zSXOie5_2GtQ

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

go vandals

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Can we please just skip this season and go into softball season.

Gabriel should probably miss the Texas game and I seriously hope they find anyone else besides Davis Beville to quarterback this team.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

I watched them last week in person, and my god, I have never seen such a bad qb have such great numbers.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1576424238134792193?t=uVzNOPDmIKtYfXI2HHsByA&s=19

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Great win by the Dawgs last week!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

...and lose

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

This is wild to me

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I watched them last week in person, and my god, I have never seen such a bad qb have such great numbers.

helps when you establish The Run

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I am straight up not having a good time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Northwestern bad and Fields a bust, RD deserves better

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Can we please just skip this season and go into softball season.

Gabriel should probably miss the Texas game and I seriously hope they find anyone else besides Davis Beville to quarterback this team.

Let General Booty cook

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Northwestern bad and Fields a bust, RD deserves better

This Is The Bulls Year

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Can Georgia drop in the rankings?

That way it won't be as embarrassing the next time they screw around all game.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Hahahahhahah jackets win right after firing Geoff. gently caress you Geoff

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao i just saw that Gophers blew it like usual

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
i truly can't believe Nebraska won today

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 2, 2022

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

a neat cape posted:

the shoe is now on the other foot and I am in hell

It's funny that nearly everyone else in the Mountain West got just bad enough at the same time that UNLV got a little bit better

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Omne posted:

If the punt defense is going to leave a lane that wide open, the punter is going to take the first down

Also, go Deacs!

DEACS BITCH

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Silly Burrito posted:

I'll take a shiny purple and gold turd if they're 4-1.

I appreciate that this can also be about Washington.

Look at all those trash teams at the bottom there, should disband them imo. Except for the clones, they're cool.

Nervous fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 2, 2022

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

bvlah posted:

Hahahahhahah jackets win right after firing Geoff. gently caress you Geoff

I was surprised to see that result. The interim coach had them ready to play.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

What's the other? Big 10?

like maryland or rutgers will ever host it

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Barstool is pearl clutching about class?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Gonz posted:

Mizzou might have won that game if they didnt settle for a field goal after running 63 yards down to the Georgia one yard line.

Or settle for field goals all night in general.

Yeah there were a lot of things that could have really shifted the game in either direction. If KM2 doesn't fumble on that run during the first, or Ladd doesn't drop that pass for a huge gain in the first, we might have had an easier time of it. On the other hand, if Mizzou doesn't have to settle for 3 after having first and goal at the 1 yard line, that also might have shifted the outcome.

I think we are seeing a lot of growing pains at UGA. We haven't truly been able to get a big time take-the-top-off WR in a while. Getting Pickens was a boon, but that is an area we are really lacking on in our otherwise loaded roster.

But my primary complaint was our OL. I have to give Mizzou all the credit in the world, they came to play and just worked us until the 4th quarter. I was so underwhelmed with the hire of Stacy Searels as our OL coach, especially after Pittman and Luke. By all accounts Searels sucks at recruiting and seems like he still sucks at development. I think we had to settle, which is why he ended up here, but man I hope he either gets it together or we move on because we have maybe the most loaded OL group in the nation and we can't run block to save our lives.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

i actually looked up the list of every College GameDay location to check if either ever had (no) and have two observations

a.) Air Force hosted College GameDay way more than you'd expect

b.) why the gently caress did College GameDay go to a D-III game between Amherst and Williams in 2007

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Vertical Lime posted:

2007 Mythical National Champions Rutgers

Alaois posted:

b.) why the gently caress did College GameDay go to a D-III game between Amherst and Williams in 2007

That's a pretty cool choice for their one non-P5 game a year

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

2007 Mythical National Champions Rutgers

That's a pretty cool choice for their one non-P5 game a year

i suppose but if you're gonna do a lower-division long standing rivalry, they've never once been to Leigh v Lafayette

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Alaois posted:

i suppose but if you're gonna do a lower-division long standing rivalry, they've never once been to Leigh v Lafayette

i was lied to when it was assumed they were going to be there for the 150th meeting at yankee stadium

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Spencer Sanders didn't eat poo poo against Baylor, the pokes are good as hell

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Jumbotron operator having a bit of fun yesterday.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

N: Last offseason, Arkansas backup QB Malik Hornsby entered the transfer portal. Seems like we made some promises and/or were otherwise able to convince him to come back.

Because of his speed we had him spend spring and fall camp also taking reps at WR. He has had decent hands and is extremely fast so this seemed like a good solution to keep him involved and leave the door open for the Double Pass, which I believe we attempted 7 or 8 times last season because our OC is Kendal Briles.

Arkansas choked away the A&M game last week, and one of the big momentum shifts was when Arkansas, up 14-0 and driving to go up 21-0, handed the ball off for gains is 12, 8, and 7, and then dialed up the Malik Hornsby package and tried to force him the ball 3 times. Incomplete pass, -1 yards, 0 yards, punt.

This week, KJ Jefferson got injured and Arkansas called on USF walk-on transfer Cade Fortin to come into the game instead of Malik, the listed #2 QB on the depth chart. And then when we raised the white flag, Cade Fortin finished off the game rather than Malik. When asked about this in the post game, Sam Pittman said Fortin has always been the #2 QB. Malik Hornsby has since deleted everything Arkansas related off his social media.

V: A lot of words to say: lmao we threw the game away last week to try to keep our apparent #3 QB happy after lying to him and telling him he was the #2 QB to get him to stay another year when he wanted to leave. We deserve everything bad that is happening to us and are probably going to get rolled by Miss State and BYU. Complete cluster eff of a season. I know we like to brag that out HC/OC/DC are one of only a handful of groups to be unchanged in the last 3 years, but its clear that Odom and Briles gotta go. But I dont know if Pittman has the personality to do so. Nothing is gonna happen to Pittman this year, but if we are 6-6 or worse after the hype the fanbase had talked themselves into during the off-season, I think Pittman will start seeing the many negatives of being Arkansas head coach, namely all the crazies.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

OU opens -3.5 in the shootout.

Ill be in Vegas for it and if I were smart Id make Texas plus the points and ML as a two-leg parlay but dont think I can bring myself to bet so heavily against OU. Got the feeling Texas is gonna bury us. OU is in this awful place of not much to lose but also not much to gain, other than it being a rivalry game. But 40% of the roster wasnt even here last year, whos to say half the team even gives a poo poo?

Especially if Ewers is in and Gabriel is out, both of which seem likely.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Judgy Fucker posted:

OU opens -3.5 in the shootout.

Ill be in Vegas for it and if I were smart Id make Texas plus the points and ML as a two-leg parlay but dont think I can bring myself to bet so heavily against OU. Got the feeling Texas is gonna bury us. OU is in this awful place of not much to lose but also not much to gain, other than it being a rivalry game. But 40% of the roster wasnt even here last year, whos to say half the team even gives a poo poo?

Especially if Ewers is in and Gabriel is out, both of which seem likely.

Yeah wow. Horns down and all that, but Texas Plus Points seems so obviously the easy decision (doubly so with the QB situation) that I just dont understand. Surely will flip fast, I would have to guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Ive found that when the line is 7+ points different than what I think it should be; chances are better than not that they know something I dont.