Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

oh god oh gently caress posted:

Not gonna tell you what to do with your life but not having what I would consider dysphoria, feeling like I wasn't trans enough to transition and that the blowback would be insurmountable are all things I felt for the many years I spent pretransition. I'm not going to tell you what you are but nothing you've said precludes it.

Before: Weird confusion. Ennui that I couldn't place. Many nights laying in bed that would be the only time I'd let my guard down enough to entertain certain thoughts.

I both knew and didn't know for most of my late teens and 20s. I knew that trans people were a thing. But those people KNEW. I was so fuckin confused that I figured it was just a weird fetish or fixation. Other times I'd acknowledge I probably trans but not enough for me to blow up my life over. My attitude towards my male body and identity was mostly neutral. Still, I'd have this recurring fantasy of being on my deathbed, and that being the time I finally tell someone. So that someone finally knew.

Egg crack: It's an "oh poo poo" moment. Without going into detail, I had an experience of pure, deep gender dysphoria. This incredible warm feeling deep in my chest. Afterwards I knew this was deeper than a fetish and could not be dismissed. I needed to start seriously looking into it and figure myself out. It was very scary and very exciting.

In the aftermath of that I will say that I still didn't feel like a woman on the inside which hosed me up for a while. I felt like I wanted to be. Feeling like a woman didn't come for me until I started actually taking steps forward and dressing differently, presenting differently. I found my body language and mannerisms shifted in small ways as soon as I did. And with it came greater certainty that I was a lady and that I did not ever wanna stop or pull back.

Seeing this story laid out It really gives me some direction...

I've been gripping with identity since 2020 and have been not feeling like all the stories i hear, im similarly Neutral on my masculine birth and identity. but what sticks with me is how i feel whenever i use my vtuber avatar which is all female, and how i felt the first time i was being represented as female on screen and that euphoric feeling i just havent beenable to find elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
Thank you for sharing this story,

I've been struggling with the concept of my trans identity for a while now, and bobbling on if HRT is a right move for me to try. My family is supportive and my wife as well I have concerned at my place of employment but I'm slowly introducing the idea that im trans there.

your description of Before times hits home for me so hard that even though i've had multiple a-ha moments for my identity (and have been navigating thinking about it since 2020) that it had me sitting at work staring blankly with another big A-ha...