Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
How are some of the more practical aspects in day to day life for new-genital-havers?

If you've gained testicles, do you now deal with the frustration of balls stuck to your thigh on a hot, humid day?

If you've gained a neo-vagina, do you have to deal with yeast infections or things like that to a different degree compared to people whose pies came homemade?

Do things secrete, or is it all naturally kind of dry? Is lube required now? Have your orgasms changed? Is the smell different?

Please [Tell] me about your day to day new genital experiences, and how they may have differed in ways both expected and unexpected from how you thought it would be.

E: sorry if this sounds like a shitpost, I'm actually genuinely curious. I've seen a lot about the mental aspects but very little about the physical realities.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Thanks, this is all pretty interesting to read!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Thank you for providing it! This stuff is all pretty wild to hear about.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

You do not want to your junk to be accessible to a network. I remember how frustrating unanticipated and unwanted erections were as a kid. It was not a good time. There's no reason to let the Internet suddenly decide that you're hard now, as well.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

quote:

an ugly, fat sack of meat & bone

Well yeah, though...

gestures vaguely at Goons in general :v:

Thank you for sharing this!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

What does gender feel like?

Coming at this from the cis hetero white male shitlord point of view. Mainly, it feels Fine? I've spent a little time thinking about this ("huh, this trans thing. I guess I should think about it. Is this my experience in any way? Nope! Being a guy remains pretty much what I expected. Guess I'm good to go!"), and since both Gender and Sex are aligned in me it's a little difficult to disentangle the two. I would say that it Feels Fine? I have my gender specific concerns, and generally follow my societal cues as far as appropriate behavior. Personal concerns about appearance are mainly focused on factors well within my control (fortunately), and gender specific ones are pretty typical to my own. e.g. Should I have this kind of beard? This kind of hair? This style of dressing? Really, why shouldn't I wear cargo pants, the best of all pants?! It's also specific to your actions. Am I comfortable sitting here? Am I in a specifically gendered space, and if so, am I welcome? Should my behavior change to confirm to this space, or to specifically nonconformance?

But, it's something that's hard to really think specifically about. Can you describe how, for example, being Human feels? What the color red looks like? Shitposting (and furries) aside, it's pretty difficult to think about because it's subjective. How do you compare that, except indirectly, mainly using what information you've heard from others?

I would say that, insofar as it's a societal construct, gender mainly feels about how well you adhere to (and enjoy adhering to) what society expects of you for that gender. I haven't experienced the dysphoria that others here have experienced, which I'm thankful for, which means that it's difficult for me to say what feeling "Male" feels like specifically.

Sorry if this was cis-splaining, it's just one of those things that's hard to do because it's asking to self analyze what "normal" is and that's difficult.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

What is a woman anyway?

A miserable pile of secrets. But enough talk, have at you! :drac:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Hopefully all of your sex is legal :ohdear:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Question for those who have had or will have surgery: when you pass a road sign that advertises "junk removal" do you kind of laugh and go :hmmyes:? Or does it just not register, or cause anxiety, or something else altogether?

I know it might sound flippant, but every time I see one I'm at least a little amused, so I'm just curious about thoughts from people who have, in fact, had "junk removal" services performed.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Ohtori Akio posted:

only when its a truck from this company that puts a 3d graphics waifu on all their poo poo http://www.angelsjunkremoval.com/

Oh my God the videos

Junk Removal

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Dans Macabre posted:

Oh I thought of a question, for people who are in the dating scene.

Do people generally indicate what genitals they have and what genitals they are looking for on a partner? Is that thing? Like if I wanted to date someone with a penis (but didn’t have a preference re their gender identity) would I say on my okcupid profile or whatever “penishavers only please”? Also, I don’t like the word penishaver because it makes me think it says penny-shaver. Thank you for your time.

... You could add a space and make it "penis havers" unless you're discussing a trip to Pen Island.