Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .
Also a trans, but in the opposite direction. +1 on the reverse phantom limb thing. I used to bump into stuff a lot until I went for the boobus removus. Its like the mental map of where my body existed in space was just ...off. I actually have more fine grained sensation in my chest now than I did with factory original parts bolted on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .

Greg12 posted:

What does it feel like to realize you're trans? To be trans before you realize it? Before you know trans exists? How do you know, and how's it different from just thinking that parts or all of the gender role assigned-at-birth don't interest you?

thank you i'll take my answer off the air

Weird dreams of myself as a man, then waking up upset and confused. Experiencing puberty as Cronenberg level body horror when the girls around me were largely meh about it. The persistent feeling that I was failing at being a "woman", that if only I worked harder I would be just like the other women and would fit in and feel comfortable. Followed by the eventual realization that cis women don't have to work at their identity at all because it's a natural thing for them. That started a chain reaction that ended when my therapist said that a cis woman probably would not take "you move like a man" as a high compliment.

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .

Ciaphas posted:

so i figured, why not come at this a bit backwards, and just... try it? see how i felt after a month and re-evaluate then?

I thought I was the only person who did this. It took 5 days before I felt like I was seeing sunlight for the first time.