Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

That one's not getting overturned

lol the gently caress is happening

RoastBeef fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Good college hockey scrum.

That'll be the game.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Never thought the huskies really had a shot but they kept it together for two periods. Needed to score in the second.

Hopefully BC and BU lose their next game.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I want an all-former WCHA frozen four, but I Wisconsin and North Dakota need to win for that to happen too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Let's go North Dakota! Please don't mess this up.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
At least that Badger team looked like they gave a poo poo for most of the game.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol nice meltdown NoDak.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

wandler20 posted:

lol nice meltdown NoDak.

Still time.

But go blue baby.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Go cornell big red please

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Holy poo poo it's an Easter miracle

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
That was a lovely way to lose a game.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Glambags posted:

Go cornell big red please

There’s another of us on here?!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is kind of surprising. Figured he'd be gone.

https://twitter.com/DTAthletes/status/1775223816278475012?t=OirjcK-6MSx2HUJMX6uIcw&s=19

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Not complaining, just surprised. I was expecting him to try to burn a year of an ELC at the end of the season here.

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003
Miami fired Chris Bergeron a couple weeks ago. Too bad he couldn’t get the team going after Rico was canned.

First non-alumni hire in…25 years? My understanding of Rico’s success was that Jeff Blashill’s recruiting was the key, and when Blashill was hired by the Red Wings, that was a big hole to fill. New guy seems to have good connections in recruiting.

Also, Big10 ruined hockey and the loss of the original CCHA was devastating. NCHC will continue to be a tough environment for Miami to compete in.

https://miamiredhawks.com/news/2024/4/1/anthony-noreen-named-head-coach-of-miami-hockey.aspx

MiamiKid fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 4, 2024

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I feel for Chris, he did a world class job turning BG around and I can't blame him going to his alma mater (who offered him far more than BG ever could) but god there is just no turning that program around while they're in the Murderer's Row Conference.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Peterson might have just ruined BUs season. Brutal time to take a penalty

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Pios baby (said like Lakers guy)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
Go blue baby

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
one for the other thumb baby :cool:

what a game for Matt Davis

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Congrats to Denver they were the better team on the ice today

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Bard Maddox posted:

one for the other thumb baby :cool:

what a game for Matt Davis

he was, as my dad texted me, "standing on his head".

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Just watched a replay of that 3rd period save during the pp, hot drat

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Also lol bc

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Matt Davis's family must be real happy, I sat in the row behind them when they played UMass and he stood on his head in that game too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I realize scheduling any holiday-time tournaments is never easy but whooo boy

CHN posted:

Also Monday, it was annouced that Acrisure Arena in Palm Springs, Calif., would host a four-team tournament next season, Jan. 3-4, 2025. The teams will be Holy Cross, Omaha, Michigan Tech and Massachusetts-Lowell.

The tournament is being billed as the Cactus Cup.

Acrisure Arena is a 10,000-seat facility that hosts the Coachella Valley Firebirds, the AHL affiliate of the Seattle Kraken. It opened in December 2022.

The last time NCAA Division I hockey games were played in California was 2019, when Arizona State hosted Harvard in a pair of games in Irvine. Before that, it was the 1999 Frozen Four in Anaheim.

If a tournament in Palm Springs involving Omaha, the Fightin Nerds, and two Massachusetts schools sells more than like 500 tickets grand total I will be stunned.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DJExile posted:

If a tournament in Palm Springs involving Omaha, the Fightin Nerds, and two Massachusetts schools sells more than like 500 tickets grand total I will be stunned.

I love hockey and very much miss D1 college hockey in person. I still think I’d be hesitant to buy tickets for that. Especially with it being the same ownership group as the Kraken running the over priced concessions.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jhet posted:

I love hockey and very much miss D1 college hockey in person. I still think I’d be hesitant to buy tickets for that. Especially with it being the same ownership group as the Kraken running the over priced concessions.

If you're in the area then go for it. I realize we've all got our red lines but if concession prices are your sticking point then just have a nice meal before you go to the game, and rest assured that a bottle of water and box of buncha-crunch are less than a rounding error to jerry bruckheimer's group.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DJExile posted:

If you're in the area then go for it. I realize we've all got our red lines but if concession prices are your sticking point then just have a nice meal before you go to the game, and rest assured that a bottle of water and box of buncha-crunch are less than a rounding error to jerry bruckheimer's group.

No, I'm Seattle. They fleece me enough already.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DJExile posted:

If North Dakota was in it I would be there. I think that would be a fun thing to check out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jhet posted:

No, I'm Seattle. They fleece me enough already.

Oh lol gotcha

That’s fair then