Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I bought a 4-pack of tiny donuts from the mini-mart down the street that this cute Korean family owns.

They weren't Hostess, they were Krispy Kreme. I would have got Hostess if they had them because I don't prefer Krispy Kreme over anything. Anyway, chocolate.

I was longboarding, so I'm focusing on the terrain and obstacles and what not. I pop open the donuts and start chomping on them and they don't taste great, which doesn't surprise me because it's Krispy Kreme, but these were a bit stale. I take a couple glances down and they seem alright to the eye. I finished the one I was eating.

I got home and took one out and upon closer inspection it was totally covered with stringy hairy mold. Gone far, far bad. I couldn't find an exp. date on it and fortunately I didn't get sick, but I was really grossed out for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Chrs posted:

British seaside doughnuts poo poo all over the American kind
You can get these at most farmer's markets or fairs in America. They'll offer option to coat them with cinnamon or powdered sugar and give you a cup of chocolate to dip it in.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Anne Whateley posted:

Where are you in the US? In New England, never have I ever gotten a cup of dipping chocolate for anything but a churro at a Mexican restaurant
Seattle metropolitan area. The donuts I speak of are mini-donuts. I can't tell if the ones linked are, but they are proportioned the same. Deep fried?

I should have left off "most" in my prior post. I don't really know.