Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Can we do upbeat covers of somber songs?

Richard Cheese's ears are burning and he doesn't know why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I may be completely wrong about this, but I’m sure there’s a bunch of shady poo poo that happens because of tax breaks in certain states. If nothing else how can there be a healthy support industry around the production of films if no one can work in the state they live in?

As actors gain experience the #1 thing they appreciate is being able to be near their family, which is one reason why everyone loves working on tv shows so much. No 6–9 month commitment to film in buttfuck New Mexico cause WB will save 250,000.

But maybe these breaks are the only reason anyone greenlights anything? :jerry:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Movies

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
*Guy falls off screen*

*crash noise, cat meows*

"I'm OK!"

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'd mandate every movie prominently feature squeaky_door.wav, pottery_break.wav, and baby_coo.wav foley as loudly as possible.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Infinite plane camera CGi where it zips and zooms everywhere because gently caress taking the time to plan a shot.

Opening of Black Panther where he turns into a bendy toy mid-fall always bums me out.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The line "there's a storm coming" which is only put in movies so they can use it in the trailer.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"I/you/we got this"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

davidspackage posted:

The line "there's a storm coming" which is only put in movies so they can use it in the trailer.

Caveat: allowed if said movie is in the vain of Twister

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Eagle sounds. They are accurate but still sound fake.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Using live chimpanzees to film sitcoms, I wasn't aware of this horrible practice until a recent documentary alerted me to it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Weekend at Bernie's it you're saying?

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Streaming services that don't host older movies. At least 50% of a streamer's film catalogue must be from before 1980 or else that service is to be shut down.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Two way glass prison scenes where someone always gets dragged off while screaming.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ooo, another contender: Banning the phrase "We're the same, you and I." from anything ever.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Das Boo posted:

Ooo, another contender: Banning the phrase "We're the same, you and I." from anything ever.
it was in the OP

Shrecknet posted:

For me, it's any monologue that begins with "We're not so different, you and I..."

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Welp, that's on me for not revisiting!

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
I guess you two really aren't that different, deep down...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ban sex scenes where the actors are still wearing clothes. You're having sex, get naked.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Marvel

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I would ban low-effort sequel titles that just add a number to the end.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Egbert Souse posted:

I would ban low-effort sequel titles that just add a number to the end.
Not sequels named [FIRST MOVIE'S TITLE]: [RANDOM WORD]?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Ban sex scenes where the actors are still wearing clothes. You're having sex, get naked.
ban post-coital L-shaped sheets that come up to the waist on the man and the armpit on the woman

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Ban studio executives from making creative decisions. If a movie is bad, suggestions from the former brand manager of Heinz ketchup aren't going to save it, and if a move is good, they're only going to make it worse.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

High Warlord Zog posted:

Streaming services that don't host older movies. At least 50% of a streamer's film catalogue must be from before 1980 or else that service is to be shut down.

But Apple TV+ is pretty good :(

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
They should just host some older movies then and keep going

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Nuts and Gum posted:

Eagle sounds. They are accurate but still sound fake.

Isn't the thing about eaglescreech.wav you always hear in movies that it's actually the cry of a red kite, because actual eagles sound kind of stupid when they cry out?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

https://youtu.be/S8e5Ej4uyto

"We show it."

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Das Boo posted:

It’s in Raiders Of The Lost Ark, that’s pretty good. In fact, if I remember right, “You and I are very much alike” is just the opening salvo of three or four lines that re-state that exact thing. Isn’t the second line “You are a shadowy reflection of me”?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Green screen. If you can't do it with a practical set or on location, you can't do it. That would solve the problems of most mainstream movies being set in a digital nowhere zone; studio-mandated reshoots turning every movie into a mangled, toneless mess; and the endless conveyor belt feeding VFX workers into the crunch all at once. Just a genuine blight on the medium as a whole.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Trailers are only allowed to use footage from the first 40% of the movie

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

Payndz posted:

Not sequels named [FIRST MOVIE'S TITLE]: [RANDOM WORD]?

(MOVIE): RISE OF (NAME)/ (NAME) RISING
(MOVIE): ORIGINS/ THE BEGINNING
THE CHRONICLES OF (NAME)

Can all go in the pit along with MOVIE: RANDOM WORD. And the obnoxious full title of Birds of Prey. And the usual Rambo/ Final Destination/ Fast & the Furious series. Pick a theme and stick to it!
Also the recent DAHMER- MONSTER: THE JEFFERY DAHMER SAGA might be my all time hated one.

I’d rather have either straight numbered sequels, a whole new title (Romancing the Stone/ Jewel of the Nile comes to mind) or goofy subtitles like Quest for Curleys Gold or Electric Boogaloo. Have some fun or leave it alone

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Simulated sex scenes.

if you're gonna do it on screen, have full on penetration and show it. quit making excuses about "family friendly" and "moral values"

either it's art or it's fake

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
All sequels have to repeat the last 2 letters of the original title. Example:

Child's Playay
Jawsws
Hellraiserer

Each further sequel will need to add the same 2 letters of it's predecessor.

Halloween 4 becomes Halloweenenenenen
Jason X becomes Friday the 13ththththththththththth
The Land Before Time: Journey of the Brave becomes The Land Before Timememememememememememememememe

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I don't really like sequel or reboot films that are heavily about getting the band back together, like when a group of characters has become separate and the main character has to bring them back together. It usually means that you're retreading on any growth or character momentum from the previous entry and just spinning your wheels a bunch. I guess I'd ban that.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
budget cap of $50 million

e: unionize the vfx industry

Future Wax
Feb 17, 2011

There is no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase!
Movies in the same series aren't allowed to have identical titles. No three Halloweens, three Shafts, two Screams, etc.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
If Will Smith wants to be in a movie, he has to make a song about it.

This is retroactive.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
No dialogue in trailers. You can convey what you're doing with images and music, or you can gently caress off.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'd like teasers only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Chemtrailologist posted:

If Will Smith wants to be in a movie, he has to make a song about it.

This is retroactive.

I’m talking six degrees of separation
Healing the nation, not taking a vacation