Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’ll give it a shot but it’s not looking good.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Dont think im gonna touch comp but im stoked for it

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I'm gonna park myself in Mystery Heroes and randomly lob Junkrat grenades everywhere while spamming voice lines, just like the old days

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
just picked up a copy of overwatch 1 at walmart, on sale for 20 bucks... what am i in for

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Some folks might think it's splitting hairs, but there isn't a healer role. There's a support role. Support heroes can heal but they do other things too.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I said come in! posted:

...no one who bought the original game gets any of the new heroes for free like what was normal before.

Just to be clear, OW1 players who claimed the Founder's Pack get Kiriko for free (own OW1 before OW2 comes out and log in anytime before OW2 Battle Pass Season 1 ends to get instant access to her). But after that, yeah, it's battle pass grind to get any new heroes post-Kiriko unless you just pay for them outright. All new heroes will technically be free, but are gated behind 54 tiers on the free battle pass track.

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 3, 2022

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Aexo posted:

Some folks might think it's splitting hairs, but there isn't a healer role. There's a support role. Support heroes can heal but they do other things too.

oh? not gonna heal? yeah, that's a report from me. hope you've got a second phone number.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Minera posted:

just picked up a copy of overwatch 1 at walmart, on sale for 20 bucks... what am i in for

Overwatch 2 is free, there was no reason to buy Overwatch 1. Not only that, the game is cross platform progression now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Delsaber posted:

I'm gonna park myself in Mystery Heroes and randomly lob Junkrat grenades everywhere while spamming voice lines, just like the old days

Junkrat forever no matter what.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can't wait for a worse version of the thing I paid for and losing the ability to play the better game.

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum
I am cautiously optimistic, and looking forward to OW2!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm gonna have fun playing by muting voice/hiding chat all the time, dunno about everyone else tho.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gonna be great having even more incompetent teammates than usually because they're all focusing on doing bullshit challenges for the battlepass instead of you know...playing the actual game.

Even if theoretically you paid out the rear end to skip the battlepass thing completely, the quality of the game will still go down immensely because everyone else is still doing it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Overwatch 2 is free, there was no reason to buy Overwatch 1. Not only that, the game is cross platform progression now.

oh, no, i wanted to play overwatch 1? friend showed me some clips of these cool 6 man combos... thought id get in onthat and try it. anyways, since i paid for it and walmart doesnt do refunds on games, its fine

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

I said come in! posted:

To Overwatch's credit the original game designer is no longer at Blizzard, because he was probably a sex pest. So maybe the balance will be better this time but it's unlikely. The monetization for Overwatch 2 is dog poo poo loving stupid though, and no one who bought the original game gets any of the new heroes for free like what was normal before.

are you talking about jeff? is there any actual allegations or are you just assuming thats why he left?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

are you talking about jeff? is there any actual allegations or are you just assuming thats why he left?

I think there was some vague accusations if I remember correctly, it's hard to keep up with all of that. All of the men in the top positions pretty much turned out to be gross in someway though.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Strong Sauce posted:

There have not been any allegations made about Kaplan specifically. Only inferences.

OW2 is gonna be a game that released in 2022 :allears:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

iTrust posted:

There have not been any allegations made about Kaplan specifically. Only inferences.

I feel like it's pretty lovely to suggest Jeff was an abuser. Given that some high profile Blizzard names were outed during #metoo, it doesn't make any sense for him not to also be outed if that was the case. I think it's more likely that he left/was let go because his vision for OW2 didn't match management's.

but we live in the worst of all possible worlds so I'll probably be proven wrong :smith:

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
Agreed. Defeats the purpose and undermines legitimacy of allegations if they're just thrown at everyone who worked at Blizzard.

Kaplan left the company during the time which everything was coming to the fore but there was never any outright allegation made about him compared to those made against e.g. Alex Afrasiabi.

He could've left because of the direction they wanted to go with OW2 or it could've been because he and Afrasiabi were good buddies. Other than inferences, we don't know.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I know none of you have the taste or self respect to not play this game but you better not give them a single loving dollar.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I know none of you have the taste or self respect to not play this game but you better not give them a single loving dollar.

Oh poo poo, everyone better watch out now!!!!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Please keep telling me how to spend my money!

I might be mistaken and I don't really have time to go internet detective, but I thought the general narrative was that Jeff didn't do anything outright harmful, but did know what was going on and never spoke up? Still lovely and good riddance, but at least he's not an actual sex pest?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

I bought the watchers back so I don't have to give them any dollars this year.
I'm not promising anything about Euros though. :eurovision:

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

the watchpoint pack is a tempting buy, the game looks really fun now with 5v5 and the reduced 'gently caress you' buttons

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hashy posted:

the watchpoint pack is a tempting buy, the game looks really fun now with 5v5 and the reduced 'gently caress you' buttons

Considering how there's something like 75% fewer shield on average now you should expect to get hit by "gently caress you" buttons more often, not less.

Removing hard CC from DPS was still the correct desicion though.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
You are free to shoot my team mates and I can one hook kill yours.

#Roadhogmeta

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Way to fix Mei should have been making her a Tank Hero with her current abilities.
Tanks can have Crowd Control. Just add some HP and nerf her right-click.
Also maybe let her move with Ice-block, similar how Roadhog can move while healing himself.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

adhuin posted:

Way to fix Mei should have been making her a Tank Hero with her current abilities.
Tanks can have Crowd Control. Just add some HP and nerf her right-click.
Also maybe let her move with Ice-block, similar how Roadhog can move while healing himself.

They tried that and decided it wouldn't work.

Plus we already have two DPS-sized tanks that don't have team damage mitigation and thus aren't actually doing any loving tanking. We don't need any more of those.

At least Roadhog is big and slow and thus nuturally attracts more fire, despite just being a fat DPS.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Solution: Add 200 pounds on Mei.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Roadhog ftw but what's this I'm seeing about hook changes or some poo poo

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

adhuin posted:

Solution: Add 200 pounds on Mei.

didnt a mod and a bunch of people just get banned for a thread of "ironically" posting each other's favorite deviantart fetish poo poo

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

verbal enema posted:

There's nothing actual in years.
The attachment bugs were ironed out in 2016/17 and the combo was weakened in 2017/18. It is still good, but not guaranteed kill against higher hp heroes like Reaper.
You need to do some pre-damage with right-click and do the melee part to confirm kills now.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Kinda sad that I won’t be home to see OW1’s servers shut down. At least I won the last game played before logging off last night, so that’s a positive.

It was mystery heroes, btw

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Jeff "Prepare for Death" Kaplan has returned with a special message for Overwatch fans.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 3, 2022

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

teagone posted:

Just to be clear, OW1 players who claimed the Founder's Pack get Kiriko for free (own OW1 before OW2 comes out and log in anytime before OW2 Battle Pass Season 1 ends to get instant access to her). But after that, yeah, it's battle pass grind to get any new heroes post-Kiriko unless you just pay for them outright. All new heroes will technically be free, but are gated behind 54 tiers on the free battle pass track.

I really hate the idea of locking out heroes in a game like this where you’re expected to swap out in-match. It feels like poo poo in gundam evolution too

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

verbal enema posted:

adhuin posted:

There's nothing actual in years.
The attachment bugs were ironed out in 2016/17 and the combo was weakened in 2017/18. It is still good, but not guaranteed kill against higher hp heroes like Reaper.
You need to do some pre-damage with right-click and do the melee part to confirm kills now.

unnerf roadhog cowards

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

teagone posted:

So the Founders Pack unlocks the Healer, but what about Junker Queen and Sojourn? Will we have to grind for those?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

So the Founders Pack unlocks the Healer, but what about Junker Queen and Sojourn? Will we have to grind for those?

I think those are free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

They're unlocked for everyone.

The grind for new character will suck. How much depends on how long it will take.

By quick calculations you need 540 000 exp for level 55.
You can get 9000 * 63 = 567 000 from daily challenges.
and 45 000 * 9 = 405 000 from weekly challenges.
+Whatever you get from each game you play.
Other challenges give little exp. Something in low tens of thousands total.