Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's probably not going to be as strong, but yeah.

Would not be surprised if more characters with kits broadly similar to existing characters, just tweaked to suit a different role, start showing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Start? It's been happening for ages. Cassidy's flashbang was basically a Tracer ult that auto-aimed.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

The voice actor for Venture has been revealed. Valeria Rodriguez

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Sandwolf posted:

This feels pretty uninspired imo, an OW2 hater. The underground thing is ostensibly no different from Doomfist’s ult, no?

Not in the least. You can be interrupted before you finish the animation to dive, it has a charge component when you come out, and its moderately slow (feels like walk speed).

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Rawrbomb posted:

Not in the least. You can be interrupted before you finish the animation to dive, it has a charge component when you come out, and its moderately slow (feels like walk speed).

Yeah, it's like a Reaper wraith form but with a windup and a damage at the end. Clearly meant to be an engage tool rather than an escape tool.

Hot take: Reaper should have wall climb in wraith form.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Reaper trained with the Shimada's and Kiriko... Says right here in the lore.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Yeah, it's like a Reaper wraith form but with a windup and a damage at the end. Clearly meant to be an engage tool rather than an escape tool.

Hot take: Reaper should have wall climb in wraith form.

Sounds like power creep to me

I demand that they change Reaps so that when you TP in to a group of people. it creates an AOE smoke bomb effect that blinds nearby players until you fully materialize

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Venture is fun. Left click kind of works like rammatra punch, very short range but very powerful, the right click is a combination escape/fatality kill chase job like doomfists punch.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Venture is fun. Left click kind of works like rammatra punch, very short range but very powerful, the right click is a combination escape/fatality kill chase job like doomfists punch.

I haven't tried the hero or watched much, but abilities like Rammatra punch are what most of us would probably like LESS of in the game. Clicking and auto dealing damage without having to aim or be touching the other person (actual melee range) are not good in FPS or pseudo-FPS games. But like I said, I might just be misinterpreting this as I haven't tried out the character yet.

I don't see myself bothering until we are past the point where every game has someone on both teams that tries to insta-lock the hero.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

BabyRyoga posted:

I don't see myself bothering until we are past the point where every game has someone on both teams that tries to insta-lock the hero.

Aus queues have been messed up for DPS and even support since Venture dropped. Had an 8 minute wait when queued as DPS/Support before. Eventually just queued Support and still had 5+ mins with priority! Tank was near instant but playing tank when all the children are on the first day of holidays just suuuuuuuucks. So yeah, no chance to actually evaluate how they will play in a "real" match.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't think it's reasonable to say ramms punch is just click and auto damage, it certainly is not the same as a long range projectile or hitscan in skill level but it is very easy to whiff ramm punches and venture left clicks and venture certainly rewards quick decisive engages which is a skillset in its own right

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
From the looks of high ranked players playing Venture, they basically seem like DPS Doom revived, except easier to play, with MAYBE slightly less damage potential. You can do some nice combos, but I don't think the character necessarily blows people up in the same way, though it might be close.

Seems like a fun character, potentially problematic for the same reasons other problematic characters are problematic.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Seems like they have a high burst three hit combo with the gun, dash, melee. Could also combo it with the jump out thing. Feels balanced because consistently hitting it won't be easy for most players.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can't figure out the hitbox or whatever for the jumping out of the ground move or the ult but once I realised the right click could be used for vertical mobility they just clicked for me and I'm going ham. I was never a doom player but it's a very similar play style for sure

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is it just me, or is the game kinda unplayable when the ult voice lines are swapped?

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Because you're laughing your rear end off at Handsoap going "NOM NOM NOM NOM" ?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It's more stuff like tires that are detonated quickly, just can't recognize the callout. There should be a toggle option to not use them

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

It's cool, it's a non-competitive game

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Yeah, we don't play comp during April Fools week.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Comp just has the googly eyes. None of the goofy abilities or silly ult lines.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I, on the other hand, want to have those in all the time. I especially love all of Cassidy's lines.

It's past your bedtime.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

it's a crime that his Halloween skin doesn't have the ult line "It's High Moon"

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

it's a crime that his Halloween skin doesn't have the ult line "It's High Moon"

Eh, with all the battle sound fx going on "moon" would sound nearly identical to "noon".

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I don’t see the appeal of the supernatural mystic skins they’ve done so far, but i might be interested in a parallel universe Reaper that gives him good guy voicelines

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Dick Jones posted:

Eh, with all the battle sound fx going on "moon" would sound nearly identical to "noon".

that makes it better imo. I remember the first time I heard "Get Ready For A Shock!" and I was extremely confused before dying to a tire.

"It's Full Moon" would work too.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Keep the magic tree line

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

that makes it better imo. I remember the first time I heard "Get Ready For A Shock!" and I was extremely confused before dying to a tire.

"It's Full Moon" would work too.

Yeah, "It's a fullllll moooon"would be cool. But only for the Van Helsing skin. His other Halloween skin sucks.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Dick Jones posted:

Yeah, "It's a fullllll moooon"would be cool. But only for the Van Helsing skin. His other Halloween skin sucks.

The Epic with the skull bandana? I think it's one of the better Epics out there.

Anyway, season 10 is going to be "Mirror Universe" judging by the end of the teaser

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

This is like the 5th time they've done a variation on x-treme grimdark gloomy corruption. Season 11 should be wall to wall lighthearted 90s normcore skins.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Talon are about as grimdark as Cobra from GI-JOE, and I assume that mirror universe means that we'll see some good versions of the bad-guys as well.

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24057477/director-s-take-welcoming-venture-to-overwatch/

Aaron Keller posted:

There are some great improvements to Wrecking Ball's Grappling Hook, including a reduced cooldown when not entering ramming speed and the ability to retract himself to where the Grapple is attached by holding down Primary Fire or Jump. There are also some changes to Adaptive Shields. Now after using Adaptive Shields, you can reactivate the ability to transfer up to 300 overhealth to nearby allies, capped at 75 overhealth per ally

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Wow, the Ball season approaches

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Dev update - wide groups, larger ignore list, anti-cheat modes etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ToK9d5eSp4

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope mirror universe brings us baking Reaper with a "PIE PIE PIE" voiceline

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Season 10 trailer is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlUxw-0lS94

New hero: Venture

Battlepass skins:
  • Vengeance Mercy (Mythic)
  • Talon Brig
  • Junker(?) Sym
  • Just Sort Of Evil Looking Bap
  • Overwatch Widow
  • Overwatch Sombra
  • Overwatch Doomfist
Shop skins:
  • Talon Rein
  • Talon Tracer
  • Talon Sojourn
  • Talon Ana
  • Null Sector Zen
  • Retro sci-fi Orisa
  • Arizona Iced Tea Echo

Other stuff:
  • Mirrorwatch event with altered abilities (looks like Mercy has her shooty staff from the April Fools, Doomfist has a rein shield when blocking)
  • Mythic shop update
  • Clash game-mode trial with new map Hanaoka

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 11, 2024

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You forgot the most important one.

Porsche Dva

loving lmao

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jack Trades posted:

You forgot the most important one.

Porsche Dva

loving lmao

Porsche Dva AND Arizona Iced Tea Echo? Fuckin’ hell yeah

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

]Mirrorwatch event with altered abilities (looks like Mercy has her shooty staff from the April Fools, Doomfist has a rein shield when blocking)

Part of me is really hoping that april fools mercy change is permanent, swapping staff and pistol always felt kinda rear end to me.

still curious how ridiculous the past mythic skin pricing will be

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Porsche Dva AND Arizona Iced Tea Echo? Fuckin’ hell yeah

I'm pretty sure it's not official because I don't see any petal designs. Also on closer inspection her wings are orange not pink (sci-fi Orisa has the teal and pink)

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Mythic Mercy and Brig finally getting a battlepass skin? They're really looking to boost BP sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

what I want to know is why Junkerqueen has so few skins.